Today I did this in/for/with my IB 911

Northy

Had an hours ride up to Cuxhaven in glorious sunshine, had a coffee and came back.

Did achieve a good v-max at one point......

(37 years old, abused, roof off and with a broken head stud)

Cheers

Paul

MaxSpeed.jpg

PS, this was on the unrestricted part of the A27 by Bremerhaven.... officer!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back in 2004 my parents were visiting me in USA .My mum wanted to go to Las Vegas so i have borrowed Mercedes Benz 500sel ,so they would be comfy.But no ,my mum had to have 911 "i want sit in the back"so we did Las Vegas and she was happy as a cat;-)

On the way to lake Mead..Las Vegas.mama is stuck...

ivan

20160522225958.JPG

Back in 2004 my parents were visiting me in USA .My mum wanted to go to Las Vegas so i have borrowed Mercedes Benz 500sel ,so they would be comfy.But no ,my mum had to have 911 "i want sit in the back"so we did Las Vegas and she was happy as a cat;-)

On the way to lake Mead..Las Vegas.mama is stuck...

ivan

20160522225958.JPG

What a great memory, awesome

I purchased an MK5 (MK3) to use as a track car, great little motors, fun, agile, and don't cost the earth, and the Mk1 is a classic

Edited by Beaky

That's my plan. It is a 1990 Eunos so 114bhp 1.6 and an LSD. Cheap track fun and then put away in the garage as a future gift for my daughter when she is old enough for a classic car. (Actually I have two daughters so I'll need another at some point! A red one and a blue one is the plan.)

Today I drove down the backbone of England :) Decided to not use a motorway. Took 3 times longer but a more interesting route:

Alston - Middleton-Barnard Castle-Richmond-Leyburn-Pateley Bridge-Halifax-Huddersfield-Glossop-Bakewell-Ashbourne etc.

Stopped off in Pateley Bridge for some pork pies:

0C7717A2-6FFC-42E0-8A03-4F793CC173C1_zps

a good looking flat lidder.

What are the mirrors, I'm looking to get rid of my flag mirrors for something a bit sexier.

do they fit on standard bases?

Who? Me?

Cup mirrors. Bolt on same holes as flags and weigh less.

Fixed an annoying wierd problem with the lights.

Passenger side front side light glowed when the brake pedal was pressed.

After checking all the earths, feed to rear and front lights, wires for chaffing, all bulb holders etc etc etc

All checked out ok.

I noticed that the passenger side stop and tail lamp had loose glass and could do a 1/4 turn in the metal bayonet base.

Fitted a new bulb, problem fixed.

Frustrating for all the work I had to do to find it, but very happy it was a simple fix.

Also gave me the opportunity to sort out relocating the fog light feed to the drivers side reverse light and fit a red LED bulb.

So a successful day in the end.

Have been running around with a Mod '07 'wheel for a few years. Fancied a change and picked up a three spoke SC one a while back. Fitted it today - discovered it has the mythical extended hub! At the same time I gave the wiper switch contacts a clean, now the wipers self park and the intermittent switch works again.

Start one job, complete three - not used to that..!

You expecting to be outgunned soon ? , :) just be sure to post them clips up or it never happend ..

Divvn't fret, pet: alles in ordnung :smash:

Edited by Dr Rock

:cool: awesome, if I don't get a live feed to my ciggy lighter this week I'll be in all your rear shots following you like a lost puppy

This week (end) I have been mainly making (and testing) Go Pro mounts :cool:

IMG_6144_zpssf1dzamv.jpg

2 cameras on 1 mount:

IMG_6182_zpsykmcloaz.jpg

Dr Rock, what's that tow eye arrangement? I was looking for something like that, is it also a jacking point?

Yes. :)

From Design911 *shudder*. The order actually worked this time, so maybe they are improving...

2 parts to it: Jack stand (weld on but it isn't) and tow hook. 400mm or 300mm for pre IB I believe.

Jack stand needed a couple of washers to space it off the case.

https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=129625