MJ's bit on the side (Cayman)

MarkJ

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

T'is a Cayman R Lewis :) was after one for 8 months in right colour/spec. It's bloody quick!

IB is a different world, so in no rush to lose it as love having a classic 911. Amazing the amount of people who've said to me 'your not selling the old one are you?!' Or you can't!....

Now Trying to get a bigger garage built as my toy cupboards full up :)

i do intend to get it on a track, be rude not to :) may do a civilised one like a pcgb event or GTPorsche to ease myself in first!

It was watching a video of one of these chasing a gt3 around the Nordschleife that first got me hooked :) the gt3 had the legs on the straights but this was all over it for most of the lap and it has that lovely cup car howl on full chat.

Ooh, Mark, you devil! That looks great and I am sure it is a real hoot to drive. If you are rebuilding the garage, make it extra large as I am sure the toy collection isn't complete just yet, is it.

Kevin

Water pumped are the new air 'cool'ed.....

Guy I track with has just bought a trick Cayman, silly BHP/Torque so sounds a hoot.

Your Cayman Mark was based around the CS philosophy, lose weight and lower etc..... But quicker these days though than my 968!

Look forward to seeing it at brands at some point. 7th October if anyone's free......

Yeah fine SP. I was very unsure about going for a Pdk so I read up a lot about it, watched vids on YT then took a couple out for test drives and even asked a couple of ex racing drivers! I'm actually enjoying it. Got the best of both worlds as I can leave it in full auto for traffic or long schleps or use manual shifts in full fun mode. The sport and especially sport chrono modes really turn the car into an animal :). It's very addictive with the barking roar induction and blipping throttle on downshifts :cool: you also get 'Launch control' in sport chrono mode ,(0-60 in 4.4secs!)

I leave it in at least sport mode as keeps it feisty.

It's also full of our IB's DNA imo, to me it feels like my old car with 30yrs of evolution, even has the same red door pulls!

Have to admit, I quite like the Tiptronic on my old S8, changes its character at the swipe of a gearlever, so i kinda get where you're coming from! Looking forward to seeing it up close one day, congrats.