RB's 930GT

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Extremely jealous Richard, sounds like it will be a hoot to drive/boarderline lunacy!

A very fortunate position to be in, oh to have that sort of power to play with :)

Yes and no. It was a lovely old thing but ultimately the GT2 is what I wanted that car to be. I'm sure I will kick myself down the line from a monetary point of view, but from a drivers perspective the 930 just can't touch it IMHO

Yes and no. It was a lovely old thing but ultimately the GT2 is what I wanted that car to be. I'm sure I will kick myself down the line from a monetary point of view, but from a drivers perspective the 930 just can't touch it IMHO

Nah, IBs are pretty toppy & GT2/GT3 is always going to have a market. They don't make your car anymore either & wasn't built in huge numbers.

Only problem with yours is finding the right place to unleash it!

RB - Changing subject, did you ever fit those wide wheels to your other red car? If so where are the photos man?

Thanks David.

Hello Rich, how's it going?

930 is still in my ownership and up for sale. It's taken so long to get the car to the point I wanted it to be at, that I no longer want that type of car. It's sad, because it is a truly fantastic thing to drive, brutal and yet when treated with respect can be sublime to drive. However there is a potential replacement, watch the splitters for further news . . . .

996 has been moved on. Have a Z4M now for shirts and giggles, but that is going too, see above.

• 1 month later...

Not sure why, but I only started looking at this thread yesterday. I am an imbecile! What a car, RB. Now, all you need to do is turn it up to 11 to do it justice.

Good luck with the journey.

Kevin

• 5 weeks later...

Learned 2 new details today.

1. It has antilock brakes from 944T (not currently working but likely a sensor gap thing)

2. It has a flavour of bilstein coilover suspension (so likely something like PSS9s)

About to order Michie Superports in 225/275 as we think it has 8/10 rims. Suspect its on 235/285 now. Old tyres are like hard plastic. Should collect back end of next week.

Edit - To clarify, brakes are 993Turbo flavour big reds over 330x32mm front discs. Just the ABS system is 944T as it was available off the shelf from Porsche at some point in time.