RB's 930GT

I have leaked details on other threads, so I reckon its time to start a new thread. My good friend Jeremy Stoupas has agreed to sell me his 930 SE from Singapore. It has to leave the country, so I stuck my hand up as a willing recipient. Price was agreed and as of today, its on a boat to the UK and should land in about 30 days - at which point I will be on the other side of the world. While I am not paying the taxes on it, the revenue has agreed a 5% VAT and no import duty, so a good data point for others and happy days for Jeremy.

This will be an interesting car and I have a journey of discovery to learn all about it. It has more in common with a GT2 than a 930SE. For now I am going to tease with just a few details. 3.6 litres, single turbo, 0.7 bar, 475hp. 6 speed short ratio 993 gearbox. 993 rear suspension. Coilovers and 993 Turbo big red brakes. BBS mag centred wheels. Some 993-esque bodywork and some 964 bodywork. GT2 rear spoiler.

Gaurds red and gold centred wheels? Pretty sure I have seen something like that before with some big white stripes.

post-3-0-14992600-1448877630_thumb.jpg

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good MrB, was there any wife tax involved in this purchase?

That's one serious piece of kit, how is everyone going to keep up with you in the Alps?

Just fettle his wastegate, few nuts adjusted and he'll be blowing all his boost into fresh air :)

Running Motec engine management and it can easily run 1.2bar. Which I think equates to about one million hp.

Whether I take this car to the Pyrenees in June remains an open question. It certainly ups the ante. I have said in the past that you don't want too fast a car for the alps as you end up approaching whatever is around the next corner just that much faster. Thankfully, a nice problem to have and one I don't have to answer for a while. I do like to do a big trip to get to know a car though.

No wife tax just yet.

post-3-0-07750000-1448880209_thumb.jpg

Which motec box is it and what ad-ons does it have? Can you do data logging? If it hasnt already I'd get a lamda sensor with logging and gauge fitted so you can keep an eye on things.

'citing times :)

Jev - no idea, its all a mystery. The engine was in a successful race car in Australia running the higher boost levels, so it has pedigree. It was built by Jeremy's brother Matt, who owns a big indie Porsche shop in Melbourne. Its been in the car for quite a few years now but hasn't done a lot of miles. Its proper fast though.

I will put it on a dyno here (don't know where yet) and see what it is really doing before using it in anger. Good thing about Motec is that there are plenty who can tune it. Ideal scenario is a I have 2 or 3 maps that I can choose from. Like a low boost or wet weather map that also gives some fuel economy for the motorway slogs, an "everyday" map and a scare the bejeesus out of me map for when I need to overtake everything short of a Laferrari.

Wait and see. I think the one that appeals the most is 993GT2-alike. That means 993 rear quarters, GT2 bolt on flares, 993 rear lights, 993TT rear bumper and work on the rear spoiler. More than appears at first glance. 964 Turbo-alike is actually easier - front wings, lights and bumper. 934-alike is also possible.

how is everyone going to keep up with you in the Alps?

Won't make any difference - he'll still be way out front: as long as we can hear RB, that's all we need, as it means;

a) he is still alive, and

b) the road is clear

Can't wait to see and hear the new acquisition!

Won't make any difference - he'll still be way out front: as long as we can hear RB, that's all we need, as it means;

a) he is still alive, and

b) the road is clear

c) He'll be the first one they nick on the Autoroute :lol: