Impact Bumpers

Paid the balance of the bill and ordered a fresh set of plates this morning.  That feels like a milestone.

Now over to JAZ.

1 hour ago, Richard Bernau said:

Paid the balance of the bill and ordered a fresh set of plates this morning.  That feels like a milestone.

Now over to JAZ.

Great stuff RB, what is still to do?

Without tempting fate are we talking a few days, weeks, months work?

Some welding on the exhaust + new tail pipe (cosmetics)
Some new loom to be made - ie., headlights
Fix passenger electric window
Alignment
Check/adjust accelerator pedal and linkage
MOT

Not sure what else.  Sounds like a day's work.  So it will take a month...

Then I will take a look at the interior again and probably retrim the seats, add heating pads.  Maybe leather trim the half cage.  I have forgotten what was on the to do list its been so long.

Prediction correct - still hasn't left the bodyshop.  :banghead:

I honestly believe that Nige managed to find the only bodyshop in the UK with a working clock and calendar.

20 minutes ago, ALEX P said:

I honestly believe that Nige managed to find the only bodyshop in the UK with a working clock and calendar.

😁 and Frazer found the only engine builder with a working clock and calendar

Keep the faith RB, leather wrapped rear cage sounds very lush 

Edited by World Citizen

Its done in the body shop - finally - but they have left a couple of minor things that are in the too hard basket and I missed my slot with JAZ.

I would rather have the car at JAZ now as I know Steve will crack on with it.  He can't afford to have cars taking up space and runs a decent business that moves at speed.

So we move on.  Good news there is a plan.  Bad news (for my wallet) is I have bitten the bullet on a new wiring loom.  Parts of the old loom are showing evidence of less than acceptable rewiring by previous shops and owners.  Easier to replace than fix.  And we have found a loom at a reasonable price.

It's snuck up on me, but now almost done.  Car was driven (illegally?) to the exhaust guy this week and he is making a new Y-pipe and fitting a new silencer as both looked tired with less than perfect welding.  Electrics now all working as they should and all trim back in the car.  A couple of tidy up jobs to do, but they are very minor.

Soon have it home ....

Maybe pre-Xmas ....

It's snuck up on me, but now almost done.  Car was driven (illegally?) to the exhaust guy this week and he is making a new Y-pipe and fitting a new silencer as both looked tired with less than perfect welding.  Electrics now all working as they should and all trim back in the car.  A couple of tidy up jobs to do, but they are very minor.

Soon have it home ....

Maybe pre-Xmas ....

Excellent news, they're obviously thinking of their Christmas bonusses!

What's the plan when you get the car back? Use the Boxster for daily kinda stuff with this for your Euro trips or is it a track car, just a toy for tearing around in or what?