Headlamp bezels on a 1979 car ?

ROADIESEAN

So the SC is coming together and we've struck a problem. The new wings I got (non- side repeater wings which are supposed to be right for the year) don't have the screw hole for the body coloured bezel that the car used to have on it. Do I need to drill a hole or should the chrome headlight surrounds be proud and out there without having the bezel ????

Drilling a hole in brand new old stock just painted wings is filling me with dread.

I recall that the headlight screws into a retaining tab inside the wing bowl , and the outer bezel screws into an internal thread on the retaining screw - no holes should be required - do not drill !

Kieran

Drill a hole in the wings?? Are you sure? On mine, the headlamp is attached at the bottom by a screw going into a tab inside the headlamp bowl. The bezel fits over the headlamp surround and is fixed by a small screw into the screw that fixes the headlamp. Am I missing something? (Probably)

Kevin

Noooooo don't drill anything

The body colour trim mount over the chrome/black painted bezel of the headlamp.

You need the correct mounting screw though so your body colour trim screws into the screw that fixes to the mounting tab within the headlamp bowl.

911-631-033-00_copy_1_copy.jpg

Thanks guys, could someone please do me a huge favour and take a photo of exactly what this looks like, I only have a 1967 car to compare, I'd say the guy thats doing the work has dropped something off the headlight. Thank you thank you thank you !!!