Track day fun

Beaky

Not a Porsche but I purchased this to have fun and hone my driving skills on the track.

Just had Meister S coilovers and RX8 Arbs fitted in readiness for the first outing at Bedford on Monday

post-511-0-09350800-1459448568_thumb.jpg

post-511-0-24129500-1459448573_thumb.jpg

post-511-0-66166200-1459448577_thumb.jpg

you already had the perfect car to hone your track skills and have fun! :smash:

enjoy :revs:

True but I'll take a lot more liberties in the Mazda!

I think I read somewhere its easier on the pocket to learn on someone else's car....... so i pretend it belongs to the cat!

You doing the GT circuit at Bedford? It's It's a nice big track with lots of runoff. It'll be good fun in the twisties :)

How about a pair of hair straighteners you can plug in the cigarette lighter?

Just kidding ;)

Already got them and hair gel in the glove box :-)

You doing the GT circuit at Bedford? It's It's a nice big track with lots of runoff. It'll be good fun in the twisties :)

Yup and chosen for the good run off..................... :steering:

Just completed its first outing at Bedford..................and can't wait for the next one, these track days can be additive!

There was a nice range of cars today, from a R8, KTM and Atom all the way down to a Ford Puma, add a few classic and several hairdressers in the mix as well - think I counted 7 MX5's

Yes, I sure did, you were mentioned :rally:

He's not done the Haldex mod that I'm running so had a couple of spins in the wet I understand.

RB commented recently about people not hot rodding IB's since the values shot up. This guy, like me and a bunch of others are doing it on Hairdryers. Cheap, parts readily available, German quality and easily tunable, the only tricky thing is no real motorsports knowledge base, which is why we've started a section on that forum. Those guys are not hugely dissimilar to the way it was here 10 years ago....

0A6A139A-FD5B-4CCB-9F1A-523FB0C3A432_zps

4CE08586-52A9-4945-AACA-297D9CD29961_zps

A few of us have done this kind of thing too.....

Image%20from%20Paul_zpskbug7rlf.jpeg

VT

He's not done the Haldex mod that I'm running so had a couple of spins in the wet I understand.

I'm not Grassing on anyone.................................

MX-5 has got to be a great route into trackdays and in general learning track craft. You can probably tool round all day and not completely wear out your brakes and tyres. And even if you do, replacements are cheap!

MX-5 has got to be a great route into trackdays and in general learning track craft. You can probably tool round all day and not completely wear out your brakes and tyres. And even if you do, replacements are cheap!

Exactly my thinking, and even moderate upgrades will not cost an arm & a leg.

From the several I saw on track, many others think likewise!