Hello! Just bought a 911SC race car...

On 8/23/2018 at 1:36 PM, SP72 said:

Love the new look, details?

So, full 3.0 RS body work. Bumpers, wing, rear wings bonded, new front wings, new slightly straighter bonnet. Interior has been fully resprayed black from the tatty white, exterior is now matt silver (to stop the imperfections of the fibre body showing too much) and orange bumpers. The wheels are three piece Nori from Italy, with wheels fans on the front, these simply bolt over the wheels. The tyres: i had Michelin or Pirelli options, Pirelli were cheaper and so far so good, they are also a slightly lower profile than the Michelin TBs. 15x11 and 15x9.

I have sourced a correct rear wing with rubber tips and oil cooler vent, this is currently being sprayed. The red bumper is also getting sprayed orange and the exhaust adjusted to look like a RS exhaust.

The the car will go in for sign writing to replicate a 1977 Le mans entry in two weeks.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought i should finally post how the exterior looks now! This was hand painted in the style of a car that raced at Le Mans in 1977. The plan had been to tackle the Bernina Gran Turismo in Switzerland but the oil cooler blew just outside Reims. So i ended up leaving the car at JMW Racing and collected it with a new Porsche oil cooler fitted in time for a lovely little event nearby called Journeés d"Automne. The Pirelli Corsa Classic are great but super soft and I have got through the set already, so next time out i will fit the Michelin TBs.

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 14.49.05.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 11:24 AM, ExPirelli911SC said:

The wheels are three piece Nori from Italy, with wheels fans on the front, these simply bolt over the wheels. The tyres: i had Michelin or Pirelli options, Pirelli were cheaper and so far so good, they are also a slightly lower profile than the Michelin TBs. 15x11 and 15x9.

Missed this, so I contacted Nori and crickets thus far. Any idea on cost for a set like yours and time to produce?

Edit: Also, they did not list 15's on their site, only 16", but admittedly their site looks like it's not been updated since 1999.

Edited by 786

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, 786 said:

Missed this, so I contacted Nori and crickets thus far. Any idea on cost for a set like yours and time to produce?

Edit: Also, they did not list 15's on their site, only 16", but admittedly their site looks like it's not been updated since 1999.

They can build you 15s, theres jut not a comprehensive listing of whats available!

But you need to translate into Italian to help progress, it will take time!

My set with delivery to UK and wheel fans came to just under 3000 Euros. Try emailing Massimo Nori at: info@noriracing.com

Good luck!

Hoping to get along to Ace Cafe tonight (Monday 25th Feb) Come and say hello if your going. 

• 11 months later...

Hi ExPirelli911SC

I remember this car quite well as I was an apprentice at Acceleration (ELAN) when Jon raced it in the early 90's and went to a race or two to help out along with between meeting work at the garage . 

It was a very competitive car in its day and also took its fair share of racing damage, not sure there'd be many original panels left on it 😂

Car looks great by the way, I always remember it in its white/yellow/blue. Great to see its still going and well cared for (more importantly, used as it should be). 

Have fun with it, as much as I aspired to own one, 28 years later its still an itch I need to scratch.