Hello! Just bought a 911SC race car...

Welcome to the crazy world of IB ownership and the associated lunatics that loiter of this forum .........?

Great looking car, I do like the colour scheme, Gives it its own personality

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers for the positive comments everyone. Yes, it is THE Jon Fletcher. I will at some point share the back catalogue of image i got when i bought the car. He sold the 911 to get some funds to do up the Lotus Elans he still has. Autofarm are keen to have a look at the car so i am going to get a run down of what is different on the car. As it was in Production class i imagine it was fairly tightly governed with what you could do to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, did a track day at Castle Combe on Thursday, had great fun in the car. Would like to try a circuit with a bit more room for error next time so i can push it a bit harder.

Snetterton is good for run off.

Hi Alex, it's a Vitaloni California or Sebring I think

Definitely not a Sebring. 'Looks' like a California but seems a slightly different shape to mine in that pic? Edited by GaryH

'Looks' like a California but seems a slightly different shape to mine in that pic?

That's because Pirelli is moving at speed and yours is stationary...:P

Quick update, did a track day at Castle Combe on Thursday, had great fun in the car. Would like to try a circuit with a bit more room for error next time so i can push it a bit harder.

Looking good, noticed the parking position of the wipers is on the passenger side or am I being thick

Looking good, noticed the parking position of the wipers is on the passenger side or am I being thick

Easy mod to do to improve forward visibility a bit..even I have done it :)

Ah, thank you Dr, still thought best the other way if it rains clearing the drivers side first

Yup, plus the water runs up the drivers side of the screen without the wiper there to stop it.

Yes the wipers aren't great but then as it's now fitted with TOYO R888Rs i won't be doing much wet driving!

First impressions on track were that its a great car, was putting plenty of fast metal to shame. Sadly the fan bearing has packed up and the fan has welded itself to the casing so its back in the garage for some love and a new back box. Trying the DesignTek one out as it was cheap. Hopefully she will be ready for a drive to Dublin this weekend to shoot a film with it.

Those Toyos are great in the wet, just be mindful of standing water. The soft compound finds way more grip than a road tyre compound. Toyos also require little heat in order to work well unlike MPSCs for example, which need a lot of heat and have, as you might expect, a really bad reputation in the wet. I have found the Toyos very friendly in the wet if you give them a chance.

Good luck getting all fixed for the weekend.

I see Porsche have now released an approved N-rated tyre list for classics, one of which is the Pirelli Trofeo R, which you will be able to get in 15/16in sizes. Wonder how these will perform in comparison with R888's, Kuhmo 70's, Yoko A08 etc.