What Additives (if any) to use?

coxy

Short jouneys etc carbon build up. What are the views on additvives such as redex etc

Sadly a question like will elicit as many different opinions as if you had asked which tyres or oil were best. So here goes, best advice that I had was put good oil in, change it regularly and make sure that you give it a good blow out :revs: occasionally. Just my 2d worth.

Ian

Short jouneys etc carbon build up. What are the views on additvives such as redex etc

Porsche NA recommend Techron for the injectors, dunno what they say here.

Chevron premium in the US already has it in the fuel from the pump. Chevron/Texaco are the same company (I think they use the Chevron brand for the aviation side of the business here?).

Warm it up thoroughly and drive it hard. Take it on long journeys. Use it more, they love it.

IMHO, one of the best things you can do for a Porsche - right after maintain it well - is to use it as it was intended to be used. Both of mine have never ran sweeter than they did after driven substantial distances (8-12 hours or even more). The difference is noticable for weeks afterwards.

You will have bigger problems than carbon buildup if you keep using your 911 for short journeys, Bye bye valve guides :o

Redex is good for cleaning out after a long period of being laid up, but will do nothing for short journeys, unless you are only putting fuel in once a year.