Buy your parts from OPC - save money!

Strange I'll dig out what I paid.Maybe Targa parts are different, reinforced?

Quote I had from your contact at Porsche is almost £1,000 inc vat, I can get Dansk for below £500 inc vat.

Euro car parts offer the Dansk B pillar, I'm just waiting for their 25% off discount code, and I'll start to buy the parts I need.

He's not *that small, in fact I thought he looked fairly normal size!

I'm not sizest :D just want good service and fair priced parts delivered without delay

Got home to find the Porsche pixxies had delivered one front roll,bar drop link, some HT lead clips and cill clips, all fitted this evening so thank you Type911 I will buy again

I tried the Porsche dealer for B pillar, outer sill and kidney for both sides. Double the price of Dansk.

I know what everyone says about the fit of Dansk panels etc I was also told that Dansk are now OEM supplier to Porsche for classic panels etc

I can save almost £500 between Porsche and Dansk, so even if the body shop charges and extra £200 fettling the Dansk panels, I'm still on a winner.

Not placed an order yet, but seriously looking at Dansk for my panels.

I was visiting a workshop last year who was doing a C3, they were doing the usual areas (kidneys, B post, door jamb ...) apart from fitting issues some of the Dansk panels had different recess lines to the original car panels so when fitted it would look different to original too.

I tried the Porsche dealer for B pillar, outer sill and kidney for both sides. Double the price of Dansk.

I know what everyone says about the fit of Dansk panels etc I was also told that Dansk are now OEM supplier to Porsche for classic panels etc

I can save almost £500 between Porsche and Dansk, so even if the body shop charges and extra £200 fettling the Dansk panels, I'm still on a winner.

Just looked through the invoices, I purchased less panels but paid £103 per B post/latch panel and £43 for 1 kidney bowl repair panel. All +VAT. I also have a Dansk B post repair panel I bought ages ago for about £25, side by side there is a massive difference between the two in quality of the pressing. Still it's all just metal so I'm sure in the right hands it can worked into a good finish.

I seem to recall the kidney bowl repair section for the drivers side was more than double the passenger side.

Just looked through the invoices, I purchased less panels but paid £103 per B post/latch panel and £43 for 1 kidney bowl repair panel. All +VAT. I also have a Dansk B post repair panel I bought ages ago for about £25, side by side there is a massive difference between the two in quality of the pressing. Still it's all just metal so I'm sure in the right hands it can worked into a good finish.

I seem to recall the kidney bowl repair section for the drivers side was more than double the passenger side.

The later L shaped kidney bowl are well over £140 ish plus Vat, both sides the same price. The earlier oval kidney bowls are about £40 ish.

With mine being a targa, I like the idea of the later L type kidney, try to put some more strength into that area. I will dig the quote out and post.

I did contact a recognised independent Porsche body shop, who wanted £3,500 to £3,750 + Vat to do both sides and blow the paint work in. The said it would all be Dansk panels, as they are now OE supply to Porsche for their classic panels.

Let's just say I'm not going that route!!!

Edited by carbon749

Im not too sure Dansk are supplying Porsche!

Porsche sold their old tooling to Dansk (hence the fitment problems in some parts as the dies were very worn.)

I found the dealer to be pretty much the same price as type911 so I just went with type911

Agreed I prefer the convenience of a web based shop that you can trust. I use Type911 or also Rose passion as with the euro/pound it works out well and they have been excellent with service returning a faulty Bilstein strut.

Had a few poor experiences with Design911.

Last year a very experienced bodyshop/panel beater told me that Porsche panels while better than Dansk, aren't a perfect fit either with some variation in fit between various panels so wondering if the massive hike in Porsche panel prices last year was due to new tooling & better quality!

Whilst I found my OPC the best place to buy my replacement rear lights, other parts were not so competitive. I've just purchased the two oil pipes that run from the thermostat to the tank and engine from Type911. These were £58+VAT each, as opposed to £138+VAT and £160+VAT from my OPC. Type911's were described as 'OEM' so should be identical.

Same factory is not always the same line...

From clothing to steel works a big factory can produce "the same" items at different qualities.

There's lots of conflicting info floating about, but Porsche branded panels do fit better than Dansk that's 100% fact based on many years in the bodyshop.

You can or course make anything fit anything with enough blade,s belts & mig wire...

There are also differences between various Porsche and Dansk panels supplied for the same part number as stated below

It is a case of you get what you pay for.

I was visiting a workshop last year who was doing a C3, they were doing the usual areas (kidneys, B post, door jamb ...) apart from fitting issues some of the Dansk panels had different recess lines to the original car panels so when fitted it would look different to original too.

Any comments on which OPCs have the best/most knowledgeable parts guys at the moment? Reading and Bristol used to be very good but both have left

Ian

Hatfield used to have a chap called Richard he was brilliant and had an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of PET numbers. Never bothered about doing little orders was quick with email quotes back and always applied some kind of discount. He got poached by the JLR dealer in Stevenage back at the start of the year ?

Matt Type911 has always been my first point of call although it was handy being next door to OPC Hatfield at work for the odd bits but now I won't go there on principal. The new guy is the complete antithesis of Richard. Useless!

Quote I had from your contact at Porsche is almost £1,000 inc vat, I can get Dansk for below £500 inc vat.

Euro car parts offer the Dansk B pillar, I'm just waiting for their 25% off discount code, and I'll start to buy the parts I need.

Get your skates on - 25% discount from 19:00 to 21:00 this evening - code of FLASH25.

Matt, do you have a 993?

I do, havent had an IB for over 20 years, sold my 3.2 cab back in the 90's to fund start up of this, bought the 993 6 years ago.