Another Kettle: 996

carlbon

Welcome to Club Kettle they really are underated cars, There are so many tweaks that you can do on them too,. If it has not been done modify the airbox and remove the resonator, my car now has braided brake hoses, EPS front control arms and power flex ARB bushes front and back, i have a few more bits that i want to do to it even though i have already been asked if i want to sell it!

Nice looking car there, if i get a chance on the 28th i will pop over to Brands as its only 20mins drive from me.

Thanks. It's actually starting to grow on me. I find myself taking pics and looking at it more than I expected.

Brands today going well. Having loads of fun. Tyres have no grip, squealing them all the way round!

Thanks. It's actually starting to grow on me. I find myself taking pics and looking at it more than I expected.

Brands today going well. Having loads of fun. Tyres have no grip, squealing them all the way round!

Hehe have fun mate, bet that car is regretting changing owner now!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a drive today in a new 991 turbo cab with PDK gearbox all i can say at the moment is wow!

No unfortunately i did'nt get to Brands, I am hoping to pop over to Four Elms next wed evening where a nnew Classic Car meet has started meeting at a garden Centre that has qiute a nice Cafe with it, just hope the weather changes for the better.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I have been vigorously adding lightness.

Removed spare wheel, toolkit, jack, first aid kit.

Replaced Pirelli Zeros with R compound Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s

Replaced tired engine mounts with RSS semi solid. This has tightened up the back end of the car and the exhausts now sit correctly.

I've found some genuine hollow spoke turbo twist rims to replace the Mk1 GT3 sport designs that came with the car to reduce unsprung weight by another 10kgs!

Replacing stock road pads with Pagid RS29s

Blimey you are doing well, i have just purchased stainless steel manifolds for mine and then i am going the silencer by-pass route, go on youtube and tap in porsche 996 mufler bypass and choose the Fabspeed video, They do sound nice and you save the weight of those silencers on each corner too, Another job that I am doing this weekend is a full coolant drain and new Comma G30 coolant along with a low temp thermostat. I did a front suspension overhaul a few weeks back new coffin arms, Poly bushed the anti roll bars and also new EPS front control arms with poly bushes. there is certainly a lot that you can do to the 996, I am considering coil overs for mine too but i have been asked if i want to sell my car so the coil overs may not happen, It depends on the potential purchasers offer.

I like the idea of saving the weight of the silencers. Will take a look

I was thinking about the low temp thermostat and I have ordered an X51 sump from Porsche that I will fit after my next track day when I change the oil and filter.

Funnily enough I waxed the car a couple of weeks ago and the next day I had 2 people ask me if it was for sale.