Impact Bumpers
Sign in to follow this  
Philip

Adhesive for rubber seals

Wanted to replace the front rubber seal on my targa and wondered which adhesive is best?

Not quite the same but I attached my sunroof seal with Permatex 81850 weather seal adhesive. It is black so any over spill doesn't look too bad. Seems to have worked well. I got it off eBay for about £7 a tube. If you are local to Essex I am happy to let you use it as a little goes a long way.

Is the Original Porsche seal the only one to consider? I read its a bugger to fit as it needs trimming.

I bought front targa seal from > www.sportwagen-eckert.com and this fitted fine. Think I used a black 3M 8008 sealant to glue in place. Difficult to manage as extremely sticky but with care seemed to do a good job. There was a short video on tube that helped.

As Matt said ,this one is the best -i have been using it all my Porsche live..black 3M 8008

Ivan

I couldn't find 8008 anywhere which is why I went for the Permatex product. Seems to have worked well and was easy to use.

3M 8008 is available but at a hefty price as far as I have searched so far - a little under £30 for a 5oz tube when imported from US though excluding import duties.

Though that will likely change, along with other things, with the pound/dollar rate 'adjustment' due to recent events!

Am I right in saying the front targa seal is a difficult fit ?

Edited by Philip

Hi Philip..if you remove your old one and clean the place properly it is not really that hard to install.The 3m glue is really good for this kind of seal and job.

Also make sure it is not an aftermarket seal...

Ivan