RUF CTR

axel

Thought I`d share a car I bought last year with you guys.

Its a RUF CTR, converted by RUF in 1991 and painted Mint Green by RUF.

Its a Clubsport spec with the big fuel tank.

I bought it in Japan at the back end of last year, been there since 92-93 I believe and done an interstellar 197.000 KM.

Gearbox was sent from Japan to Germany last year to RUF and overhauled.

Im planning on taking it to Cambridge next year to have the engine overhauled and upgraded by Richard Chamberlain ( the 935 racer).

A Pair of GT30 turbos and uprated intercoolers should see an easy 600 bhp, should move along quite well at 1170 kiloes I believe!

post-12251-0-54837900-1469184452_thumb.jpgpost-12251-0-67619800-1469184485_thumb.jpgpost-12251-0-03602000-1469184486_thumb.jpgpost-12251-0-37144800-1469184486_thumb.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All good. I have been registered here for a long time but struggling to get the rights to post, finally I got em so figured I share a little of my own cars with you guys. Maybe I was a little oversensitive.

Haha unfortunately not for sale, best keep the drivetrain and body together for the provenance ya`knaw.

Don't worry friend. It was a joke referencing another thread with an engine for sale from someone with very limited history on here.

Please feel welcome. Given your car choice, you should be our kind of people :)

That would be announcing that engine for sale then. Ive actually been registered for a while here, but never got posting rights.

No worries :) Finally i can speak! Im from Oslo, Norway.

I got one 88 3.2 at Johnny at Unit 11 for a light resto, as well as the yellow 930 at richard chamberlain in cambridge.

Paul Conboy will be doing the bodywork, he did James Elsons RSR and 964 flatnose turbo, as well as Tobys 993 GT2.

ignore me, I was joking - saying that, is the engine for sale?

did you mean the 993 Varioram 286 bhp engine or the RUF CTR engine?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Axel,

just saw this thread, you have what is my most favorite car, well done mate and nice colour too.

Do you know what this car started life as before the Ruf conversion?

a 3.2 Carrera mate, like it should! in this case a late 88!

thanks!

• 2 months later...

Question - would you guys keep the car bone stock or go about gently upgrading it with some more modern turbos etc?

I`d hate to bring values up but its quite a rare car , Im not a rich man ( just a very spendy one, probably one thing has to do with the other) and as such a bit vary about ruining the value of the thing!

Edited by axel

does that include replacing the Porsche 962 Ignition with Motec?

Id replace the intercoolers with Marston core based ones, Turbos twin GT30s, and maybe a full Inconel exhaust system....

The CTRs originally run way rich in order to protect the engine ,constantly stinking of fuel.. :D

Ruf wont touch it, Ive asked. The car is perfect as it is, its like telling a mom her kids are ugly ;)

does that include replacing the Porsche 962 Ignition with Motec?

Id replace the intercoolers with Marston core based ones, Turbos twin GT30s, and maybe a full Inconel exhaust system....

The CTRs originally run way rich in order to protect the engine ,constantly stinking of fuel.. :D

Does the igntion use CDI boxes?

Keep it standard I think ,then again painted black would be great each to there own I guess , sounds like you have a few good cars and spare motors, and if you you are not very rich ;) then this would be a great safe bet investment as is . So perhaps tune one of the others to the max if it satisfies the itch .

Everything i Have is tied up in cars, just bought a house now with my girlfriend and had to cough out a fair few cars to get the money down on the house - so trust me , most of you guys on this board have way more money than me ;) Im just a silly young sod with petrol in my veins...

Meh, ye just keep it standard I guess.

Edited by axel