Flat engine cover - where should my Carrera badge go

EJH911

Couple of quick questions about my non-sport's engine cover.

1) Does anyone know how far below the grille the "Carrera" badge should be mounted (the car was never fitted with the badge at the factory and I am toying with the idea of fitting one as whilst it looks very nice without a badge, it does look like it was rear-ended and repaired on the cheap without one. Bought one a while ago but still trying to decide).

2) Does anyone know where I can get a new grille for the engine cover of my car as the plastic is looking a bit knackered and has taken on the "crystalised" appearance that plastic that has spent too long in the sun tends to get.

Many thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

Pretty sure the plastic engine grille is around £100 from Porsche, not sure if you can get them much cheaper anywhere else. (You will get 10% off if you are a PCGB member!).

If someone doesnt get there before me I am happy to measure where my badge is (wont be online until later tomorrow), there is, no doubt a factory measurement for it and someone will hopefully chime in with that.

Andre

Hi Ed,

Pretty sure the plastic engine grille is around £100 from Porsche, not sure if you can get them much cheaper anywhere else. (You will get 10% off if you are a PCGB member!).

If someone doesnt get there before me I am happy to measure where my badge is (wont be online until later tomorrow), there is, no doubt a factory measurement for it and someone will hopefully chime in with that.

Andre

not exact, but a ref here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-Porsch...1QQcmdZViewItem