Targa time

fat fuchs

1 hour ago, PeterK said:

Looking good Andrew 🤩

Where did you source your threshold strips  ?

Peter

They are listed as 'Retro Line' products. I think they may be linked to Dansk or ECP but not sure. Ordered mine through Design 911 as I couldn't find them elsewhere.

Cheers

A

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, fat fuchs said:

They are listed as 'Retro Line' products. I think they may be linked to Dansk or ECP but not sure. Ordered mine through Design 911 as I couldn't find them elsewhere.

Cheers

A

Thx 👍

Yep, made by Dansk, I must admit I thought they were crap so stopped stocking them!😶

They might have improved, I had them a good few years ago, they were too big and very floppy, no tape on the back either. 

Never had an issue with the light units, good value when you compare to originals!

1 hour ago, Type911 said:

They might have improved, I had them a good few years ago, they were too big and very floppy, no tape on the back either. 

Never had an issue with the light units, good value when you compare to originals!

Still no tape on the back but neither did the SC original ones - all fitted with impact adhesive. Quality is no better/worse than the Porsche version IMO but the main thing (for me at least) is they match the original design well. Each to their own.😊

• 2 weeks later...

CAR NOW FOR SALE (Can't post in the IB's For Sale section for some reason)

• Close to £40K spent during the course of this project (inc car purchase) plus 100's of hours.
  • A few jobs left to complete so £30K is the asking price.

Please PM if you're genuinely interested.

Thanks

FF

I agree, 28K sounds better..............................................I'll get me coat.................

3 hours ago, fat fuchs said:

CAR NOW FOR SALE

• A few jobs left to complete so £30K is the asking price.

Really? Assume you must be talking about some lesser car you have round the back........

1 hour ago, Type911 said:

Interested................................:whistling:

You have one already......

Andy, you have PM. 

Phill, mine is rusting quicker than restoring can catch up, 2019 summer is a maybe................

20 hours ago, jevvy said:

Look, I don't want to weewee on Matts chips here but are you sure you want to sell it at 30k?

CAR NOW SOLD - Thanks for all of the interest and support on this project.

Cheers

FF

On 5/15/2018 at 10:33 AM, fat fuchs said:

CAR NOW SOLD - Thanks for all of the interest and support on this project.

Cheers

FF

That was quick, I hope Matt gave you a lifetime discount card 😂

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about your resto so thanks for posting up the process, hopefully you will hang around and maybe start another sometime?

30 minutes ago, jevvy said:

That was quick, I hope Matt gave you a lifetime discount card 😂

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about your resto so thanks for posting up the process, hopefully you will hang around and maybe start another sometime?

Thanks Jevvy. Need to get myself back to full fitness first and take some time away from the garage floor. 

All the best

Andrew

Just now, fat fuchs said:

Thanks Jevvy. Need to get myself back to full fitness first and take some time away from the garage floor. 

All the best

Andrew

I see, the speedy sale had an undertone of something else going on. Good luck getting fixed up, hopefully the sofa and daytime TV will bore you to tears and drive you back into the garage for for some me-time 😏

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the car, did a few little bits today, I will get it finished to the condition it deserves!

Door rubbers and carpet trim

Door bins, the Southbound fibreglass and metal versions that dont distort

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

• 4 weeks later...