New forum theme with more updates to follow! Please see the main thread in Impact Bumping.

SilverWT

Monday 24 Oct Brands Hatch Indy GT Porsche Track Day £169

The weather forcast looks OK and so I have just booked this.

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but it looks like they have opened it to non Porsche cars as well.

I know not everyone is a great fan of the Indy circuit, but it's local to me, cheap enough and before the weather gets too bad!

Anyone else?

Mark

Had hoped to join you but it clashes with my holiday so will have to pass :-( annoying!

You made it onto the MSV twitter pics Mark:

https://twitter.com/MSVTrackdays/status/790955029272399876

Ah, fame at last! I also make it onto the MSV Facebook page with a different pic https://www.facebook.com/msvtrackdays/and the GT Porsche site with several pics http://gtpurelyporsche.com/a-fine-day-out-at-the-gt-porsche-track-day/

It was a good day on track, cold and dry and not too much traffic. I managed over 175 track miles, which is about 160 laps!

It was a 105dB day and so I did not bother repacking my tail baffles, which were empty of wadding after Snetterton in August. It only tested at 101dB which I normally struggle to get to with freshly packed baffles, all a bit random.

Mix of new and old Porsche kettles, some non Porsche race cars and other stuff. I was the only IB on track, there was a visiting 930 parked up and a lone 964 on track was the only other air cooled stuff.

I will post a couple of pics when photbucket starts responding.

Mark

Some pics.

Me in the paddock waiting to start.

IMAG1956_zpsiq2tvj8o.jpg

Me on track

IMG_0562_zpsiaodmcsz.jpg

The 964, which sounded great.

IMAG1959_zpsjr65tbqw.jpg

IMAG1958_zpswpwev6hr.jpg

The parked up 930

DSC01937_zpsrrpciutk.jpg

DSC01936_zpsmcm5hzvy.jpg

Mark

looks great Mark and good dry weather too. Would have been there if in-coutry. Still up for a trackday somewhere before xmas if anyone else is. Cadwell/Donington?