Indicators wont cancel

Type911

Hi guys, 1986 Carrera and the indicators work fine but wont cancel after turning either left or right. I thought is was cancelled by the little plastic lug on the back of the steering wheel, this looks fine and intact.

Anyone had this problem and sorted it? Is it likely to be the switch unit on the column?

TIA

Maybe try a new stalk from Type911? Te he!

Did they just stop Matt or have you had the wheel off recently?

The tab on the back of the horn ring makes contact with a release mechanism within the switch which then cancels the indicator. Maybe this mech has come awry? Think it might be disassembly time or maybe you could give yourself a good deal on a new one? :cool:

Cheers

Nathan

The easiest way to diagnose is to remove the wheel and operate the indicators, you will then see a little nylon lever shoot out towards the steering shaft. Try pushing it on its upper or lower edge (As if you were turning the wheel against it, if that makes sense?) If the indicators stay on then your switch is at fault, if they go off then the raised peg is missing on the back of the steering wheel boss or fitted in the wrong position, but this is only really relevant with aftermarket bosses as I have yet to see a standard one cause any issues( I have been working on these for 18 years now) as it is very heavily engineered for its application.

Hope this helps.

Lee

Wheel off and I can see the little white plastic lug that gets knocked by the plastic protrusion on the wheel isnt there!

Anyone know where I can buy a new indicator switch unit from?