Jump to content

IB Bikers: show your toys


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Superb! :cool:  my favourite retro colour scheme on a bike. Though I really liked it in orange too.

 

Thanks a lot.  Should have some pics of the finished helmet (albeit sans visor, lining, etc) tomorrow.  Michael at Rage Designs (https://www.rage-designs.co.uk/ragedesignsgallery) normally does race bike liveries and helmets but does also take on a few private projects as well if they catch his interest.  Michael also drives a 911, albeit much later than an IB. Thoroughly recommended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love the Pantah in TT colours - recently valued a 7-bike collection for a guy and all were TT reps but not the ones you might expect.

I bought a 2002 ST4 a few weeks back, was too cheap to leave where it was. Have it in bits at the minute pulling the cams and checking rockers as they can lose their chrome. Not cost a great deal so far but there's always time with a desmo...

 

JG Ducati ST4.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, johndglynn said:

Love the Pantah in TT colours - recently valued a 7-bike collection for a guy and all were TT reps but not the ones you might expect.

I bought a 2002 ST4 a few weeks back, was too cheap to leave where it was. Have it in bits at the minute pulling the cams and checking rockers as they can lose their chrome. Not cost a great deal so far but there's always time with a desmo...

 

JG Ducati ST4.jpeg

I really like the STs and an ST4 should be safe enough if its been regularly serviced. 🙂

Thanks re the Pantah.  Mines more of an homage rather than a TT rep but I think Rage have done a brilliant job. They've also done the helmet in a matching colour scheme with a tribute to Tony Rutter, who I met at Mallory Park when he was riding a TZ. Can thoroughly recommend them and seemed incredibly cheap after the 911!  Just got to send it off now to get its ACU Gold sticker redone.

We should probably have an IB bike day at some point. Looks like there are enough of us!  

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-01 at 12.01.34.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-01 at 12.01.26.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-01 at 12.01.09.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-01 at 12.01.00.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MarkJ said:

awesome paint job on the lid. I checked out the guys site, he does some amazing work. Hard to resist getting my fairings done in Factory racing colours :D

I'm really pleased with it.  As above, I can thoroughly recommend Michael.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Done a few 2 wheeled projects over the last 6 years since early retirement, nice to do as a change to the other projects.

 

Lambretta TV175, Honda CB175, French Terrot MT100, Peugeot BIMA and the current Honda CB175.

Thought you all might like to see them:

P1040794.jpg

 

P1050144.jpg

 

P1060417.jpg

 

P1080201.jpg

 

DSC0053.jpg

Edited by 911hillclimber
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, runnersp said:

Picked this up yesterday. It’s quite nippy.

IMG_2782 

Nice bike Giovanni

While in Italy we had a great tour of the Ducati museum/factory by a lovely young lady, while explaining a cut away desmo engine section she innocently asked us 'would anyone like to touch her camshaft', not the best thing to have asked a group of Finbarr Saunders 😜

I reckon your headed towards Sienna in the above picture 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have owned all sorts of bikes from classic 70s through to 80s and 90s sports bikes but none have been as much fun as this: a humble XT225 bought about twenty years ago just for green lanes and off road larking about. Slim lightweight air cooled four stroke, will go just about anywhere.

Seems I put it into storage in 2004 according to the tax disc. Refurbed it recently, as it turns out that our middle daughter wants the adventure too!

AuEFIl8CQWywN1SPOAgXiA.thumb.jpg.0fa5260c53771a3fd42657b420db925d.jpg

 

1374089710_CPLkcWXQ96NmKeUZxjaZg.thumb.jpg.a4c1cc827bf3cd8dfa582039c4c34daa.jpg 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, mean in green said:

Have owned all sorts of bikes from classic 70s through to 80s and 90s sports bikes but none have been as much fun as this: a humble XT225 bought about twenty years ago just for green lanes and off road larking about. Slim lightweight air cooled four stroke, will go just about anywhere.

Seems I put it into storage in 2004 according to the tax disc. Refurbed it recently, as it turns out that our middle daughter wants the adventure too!

AuEFIl8CQWywN1SPOAgXiA.thumb.jpg.0fa5260c53771a3fd42657b420db925d.jpg

 

1374089710_CPLkcWXQ96NmKeUZxjaZg.thumb.jpg.a4c1cc827bf3cd8dfa582039c4c34daa.jpg 

I'm off to South Africa soon and a friend told me to watch this - 

  Your daughter might enjoy it as well. 🙂

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, runnersp said:

It rained yesterday all day. I was bored. I went on the internet. I'm an idiot. I now own this.

52021854478_2bf540bd86_4k.jpg

52021854243_dceb86a214_4k.jpg

Brilliant! If I did something similar every time it rained in Bolton it wouldn't be pretty ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Aprilia , Aprilia Black, €19999.0

One of these hopefully landing within the next week or so.

It’s been a real challenge to buy with dealers not replying to e-mails and failing to return calls.

Obviously the sale of new motor vehicles is very easy in the current climate. Will be interesting to see how techniques change when new stock starts to become more plentiful.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/04/2022 at 16:11, runnersp said:

It rained yesterday all day. I was bored. I went on the internet. I'm an idiot. I now own this.

52021854478_2bf540bd86_4k.jpg

 

This is a very safe place to put money! I started my two-wheel career on the same model. Wishing I still had that one.

Current search is a 60s Vespa - envious of you guys that have one. So much crap in the UK stock pool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/05/2022 at 12:57, Leicestershire said:

Aprilia , Aprilia Black, €19999.0

One of these hopefully landing within the next week or so.

It’s been a real challenge to buy with dealers not replying to e-mails and failing to return calls.

Obviously the sale of new motor vehicles is very easy in the current climate. Will be interesting to see how techniques change when new stock starts to become more plentiful.

The best sounding motorcycle currently on sale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, runnersp said:

The best sounding motorcycle currently on sale.

Thanks, it is a very special bike but not without 1 or 2 little quirks.

Latest discovery - the coolant.

The factory fill was 100% concentrate resulting in poor temperature management.

Shocking MPG. Averages around mid 30's (Triumph 1050RS is up around early 50's for similar riding).

Porsche like service costs - £300 for the first oil / filter change at 1000 km.

Stacks of power, more torque than I can manage (30+ years experience of riding superbikes), the best quick shifter I have ever used, and surprising comfort. 

I was always anti electronic rider aids on bikes but the stability, traction and semi-active suspension make this thing very usable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...