Any interest in a euro trackday/roadtrip?

MarkJ

Anyone interested in doing a trip abroad to a cool European track this year? I am thinking Zandvoort, Spa or Nurburgring for starters.

To me the best fun I have with these cars is when a group of us do a roadtrip to somewhere then have a fun day on track followed by evening beers and banter.

Quite a few of us already have Oulton Park lined up (that may as well be in Europe as it takes me as long to get there as it does to Spa!) :wacko:

I really fancy a return to Spa as it was 6 years ago!! we last went and my cars way more sorted than it was back then, but also really fancy Zandvoort as think the Dutch would be a friendly welcoming bunch and its another iconic cool track.

If we cant fit a trackday in then going to something like Spa classic could be a fun roadtrip.

I know its like herding cats but Just trying to gauge any interest really :flag:

It was my first day back at work today :cry:, I had to organise something to look forward to...

Goodwood Members Meeting 18th March

Spa Classic 19-22 May

Alps+Monaco trip ~9-14 July

Nurburgring trip 12-17 Oct

Anyone welcome to tag along.

I'd be up for Spa, I'm a member with Lotus on Track and they are very friendly to Porsche (always a few out with them) and they do a lot of good deals on northern France track days. Often their spa trips include one bonus day on the way out or back.

Members meeting already booked was great last year.

I'm interested, but have a baby about to arrive in the next few weeks and then who knows from there!

This year I plan Oulton in March, Snet with VT in July/August and Goodwood in October - if I get that lot in I'll be happy, so perhaps next year for a european adventure for me :)

Edited by BenC

I'd be up for Spa, I'm a member with Lotus on Track and they are very friendly to Porsche (always a few out with them) and they do a lot of good deals on northern France track days. Often their spa trips include one bonus day on the way out or back.

Members meeting already booked was great last year.

Any dates to choose from? Got no problem with tagging onto a lotus group. They seem the best supported marque on track these days anyway as their values aren't hyper inflated like Porsche. I've even considered buying a caterham !

I plan to do the Nurburgring at some point this year too.

Will look into Zandvoort as think I remember reading they had crappy noise limits but it may have been a drive by figure. Someone told me their mixed group of alfas and porkers had no problems with noise and all thought it a great track.

I'm interested, but have a baby about to arrive in the next few weeks and then who knows from there!

This year I plan Oulton in March, Snet with VT in July/August and Goodwood in October - if I get that lot in I'll be happy, so perhaps next year for a european adventure for me :)

You will be lucky to have any weekend free in the next 5 years if a baby is due in the next few weeks...

There's a Spa date on Mon 26th June with a Zolder date on the Tues. Could be a good double header.

Run down to the Porsche factory afterwards for a look around the museum?

That date could work for me and Zolder is another great track I was considering. Would make a fine double header and they are in Stella country ;-)