service log full of stamps

In anticipation of next oil change.....

All pages for maintenance are full of proof of service stamps. Some have been stamped into the margins and its starting to look messy.

The only remaining available pages are titled 'state report' and 'tachometer changes'. There are several pages in the back of the log for emissions testing that have never been used as both Switzerland and UK always provided me a paper print out rather than entering information into the service log.

I like having the stamps entered into the log book as I know it helps with the resale value. All stamps have a corresponding invoice which details of service/repairs/work. I would rather not use the tachometer change pages but don't see why the state report (Zustandsbericht) page or emissions testing pages could not be used with perhaps the addition of a few hand written notes.

I'm sure I am not the only one who has encountered this issue.

Advice, recommendations and suggestions are much appreciated.

Cheers,

Melinda

post-12719-0-04797600-1484685551_thumb.jpg

post-12719-0-81530400-1484685566_thumb.jpg

post-12719-0-30322700-1484685579_thumb.jpg

post-12719-0-11076300-1484685587_thumb.jpg

+1 on invoices versus stamps in the book. Books are more important on three year old dailies in my opinion.

Because I work on my car I also keep a written record of what I did for each service and actual work I do in addition to the invoices for the bits I buy.

Stamps count for little compared to invoices IMO

PS - nice little site there Swifty :)

Exactly, you can make up your own stamps, but invoices have an audit/legal trail.

And as mentioned above, you can also order a new book

Hi Melinda

If you get a new service book you can also un-wind the binding combs and insert the new pages and rename with an A after the page number that is what I have done for my record of brake fluid changes.

regards

kev

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your comments as I view all of you guys as potential buyers. 

Definitely decided not to spend £40 for an original 911 Carrera service log book. May consider a generic £5 version from Amazon or have the garage stamp anywhere they can find space. I have all invoices for service and parts along with MOT reports since my ownership began 18 years ago. I get the impression that this is more valuable.

Melinda