An exciting discovery - my car is a film star!

hetherc

I've had my 911sc since 28/1/04 - almost 13 years to the day! It was a real impulse buy (was on the rebound from a TR4) in that I wasn't looking for a 911 at all! I saw it in a garage showroom late one night, went back the next day and did the deal! The guy who sold it to me mentioned something about it being on the TV series Bergerac at some stage but I did some surfing, found nothing to help and gave up.

This afternoon I'm a bit bored and have ended up watching an old showing of guess what, Bergerac on Drama channel. I was reminded of the original claim and had another look at the internet and guess what!!!

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_507743-Porsche-911-Carrera-1982.html

It's my car!! Mine doesn't have that registration any longer, its had a few private plates I've received the years but I do have quite a few invoices from its early history bearing this registration!

Fancy having a film star in the family!!!!

What a find! Value has been doubled at a stroke!

You can apply to DVLA for the cars history for something like £5. you get a copy of all the paperwork related to the car (including plate change applications etc). My SC has had around five different registration in its history and is currently on the second reg it was issued with (first was a private plate).

If you are interested, it is possible to get the original registration back on the car, if the DVLA haven't issued it to anyone else since then.

I did this on my other (non-porsche) car, it had been in the 1965 Monte Carlo Rallye and I wanted to get it back to its original historic look. The DVLA were actually quite helpful, re-registration went smoothly, only drawback is they won't allow the historic reg. to be transferred to another car (no problem to me.)

BTW, looks nice in the screen shots, hope it is still as good.

• 1 year later...

Paul, I’m afraid you are out of luck, the DVLA recently stopped offering the service in the UK and even before they did they would only supply the history for cars that were currently UK registered. Those that had been exported were declined citing Data Protection !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did this a couple of years ago and was well worth it returning details of all owners in copies of previous registration docs etc. Shame they have reduced the service if that is the case.  The form still exists and is now free if you own the vehicle (probably as they are now not allowed to charge for these requests under new GDPR legislation).  If it’s your vehicle may be worth filling in the form and seeing what comes back.   You have to state why you want the info and what you are going to use it for.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/v888-request-by-an-individual-for-information-about-a-vehicle