"We go again" ....

14 hours ago, Phill said:

Had a very disappointing conversation with Florian yesterday. As you know I am not one for sticking with convention so I asked for something a bit different but not dissimilar to the other designs. I think because he didn't Iike my idea he wasn't interested and even threw a veiled insult at me. Needless to say one of his grilles won't be adorning my car. A real shame because they look great quality.

Quality looks very good

Looks like he had some tooling made to punch that out so doing something different would have cost him money

Was the veiled insult 'your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries' 😲

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Phill said:

Had a very disappointing conversation with Florian yesterday. As you know I am not one for sticking with convention so I asked for something a bit different but not dissimilar to the other designs. I think because he didn't Iike my idea he wasn't interested and even threw a veiled insult at me. Needless to say one of his grilles won't be adorning my car. A real shame because they look great quality.

You mind telling us what your idea was and his veiled insult?

I have no connection with 'Flojo' but from his posts on Pelican and the direction he has gone with his car, seems like a cheesy fellow.

8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Quality looks very good

Looks like he had some tooling made to punch that out so doing something different would have cost him money

Was the veiled insult 'your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries

Isn’t it more likely to be water jet or similar?

7 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Was the veiled insult 'your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries' 😲

Flo's pricing gives the option for bespoke patterns and text and it does certainly cost more but not outrageously so. 

:lol: No, but he didn't know at the time that I had pencils up my nose and had a cunning plan.

6 hours ago, 786 said:

You mind telling us what your idea was and his veiled insult?

I have no connection with 'Flojo' but from his posts on Pelican and the direction he has gone with his car, seems like a cheesy fellow.

This was the pattern I wanted but apparently too intricate. I didn't think it would have been any more intricate than a spade but hey ho.

star_wars_rebel-alliance_grande.png.654c5baf6cb041cc2bdd0cce8d9b4581.png

In the spirit of this board and the name and shame policy I won't go into details. Plus i could have misread what Flo was saying, language barriers and all that.

Just now, Ian Comerford said:

Isn’t it more likely to be water jet or similar?

I'm sure it would be water as I think laser would be able to do any detail. It's definitely not punched.

Just one of these at storage today - living 5mins from McLaren, I’ve seen several on the road already, but close up  - it’s a proper assault on the eyes.

The curiousity next to it was a modern version of the Metro 6R4 based on an Indian made, Rover badged, boxed arched, chassis. Still mid engined V8. Tres bizarre...

6000563B-7F11-4649-9663-851987A46F61.jpeg

The Senna is interesting but definitely a function over form car. I bet black looked good though, you'd want to mask some of the weirder bits with a dark color. And on a positive I see no flames anywhere.

• 1 month later...

Off to https://www.deutschefest.co.uk/what-is-deutsche-fest/what-is-deutsche-fest/ tomorrow, so got the car out of storage.

Felt great to get back in the seat, and a nice contrast to the XJR.  Driving with both windows open, i forget what an assault it is on the aural senses, popping, banging, wheezing and ......the most irritating of 70’s American police car style ‘woo....woo’ noises, which I think is coming from the catch tank area.  Just means I need to keep it above 4K to drown it out.  Got a metallic vibration coming from the exhaust area which goes when I push the silencer up, so some adjustment needed there.

It feels really tight on some of the back roads around Ottershaw and Windlesham, especially after the air-suspended Jag; all very mechanical and snickety-snick.  Comfortable too though.  I do wonder now if its over tyred with the 245/45 on the back, it felt a soupçon more nimble on the 225s.

I’ve started using some Millers VSPe for a mild octane boost, but mainly for the ethanol protection - running a 11.65 CR, it seems to be liking the dose of steroids.

The 370mm Momo feels good, but i’m wondering if i need a bigger spacer than the 10-15mm one i’ve got fitted; I have to splay my knees slightly on tighter bends, so a bigger spacer should add some clearance.

New pressed number plate added to the rear to keep Haith happy, hopefully the sticky pads do their job.

64A81EEC-FF91-472D-AD70-C09C4AEE0E20.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Beaky said:

Looks and sounds like you are back in love with It 👍 :steering:

I think the one good thing about it being in storage is that it doesn’t get over-used or normalised - each drive, with gaps of 3-5 weeks in between, is more special for it.

I still maintain there are a number of other cars i’d like to try, so never say never.

26 minutes ago, SP72 said:

I still maintain there are a number of other cars i’d like to try, so never say never.

The wife is forever, but mistresses come and go....................................................:ninja:

19 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

wow, just wow 😍 still my favourite looking IB on here

so glad you persevered through your engine woes

Thanks Stephen, means a lot.

Stunning mate. She’s so pretty, I have her on my kitchen wall with me stuffing chips in the background. Number plate is icing on the cake 👌😜

Really pleased you’re enjoying Shirish. Must be mental when you really press on. Looking forward to our drive in Wales 👍

What a tremendous car. Hopefully we'll bump into each other at a meet. I'd love to see how much zingier yours is compared to a Vram swap.

As for the steering wheel. I have a Murray Motorsport quick release and a 15mm spacer. The stalks are still reachable from the wheel with my Wall's sausage fingers and it's the most comfortable I have ever been behind the wheel.

I think last time I sat in your car was back in 2015 when Stephen organized the cotswolds run and you thought it lacked ultimate power. It felt pretty fast to me then so really curious to know how it feels now.

7 hours ago, Kenny Senior said:

What a tremendous car. Hopefully we'll bump into each other at a meet. I'd love to see how much zingier yours is compared to a Vram swap.

As for the steering wheel. I have a Murray Motorsport quick release and a 15mm spacer. The stalks are still reachable from the wheel with my Wall's sausage fingers and it's the most comfortable I have ever been behind the wheel.

Cheers Adam, would be good to compare notes at some point. I don’t know if zingy is the right term for mine especially with the longer throw of the GT3 crank, perhaps the keyword is grunt.  The cams kick in nicely at 4k and its then I can appreciate the difference between the 3.4 build and now.  If you red line it in 2 and 3, its quite eye-opening in terms of the speed it builds up.  Somewhat expected I guess with 40-50% more go than before, but still startling from behind the wheel.

Re the spacer - is yours a flat-ish Momo like mine or more dished?  I miss the dish of the Martini 350mm (Mod 07 esque), but prefer the diameter of the 370.  Hopefully I can reach a happy compromise.

5 hours ago, Mondrian said:

I think last time I sat in your car was back in 2015 when Stephen organized the cotswolds run and you thought it lacked ultimate power. It felt pretty fast to me then so really curious to know how it feels now.

Yes Nader - this is all your fault.  It was that specific time - me (+ Fraser), you, Stephen, and Ian going for it on an upward curved stretch and I couldn’t make any ground on you at all. I kinda knew then that things were not right.  Hope you’re happy with yourself :) 

18 minutes ago, SP72 said:

Yes Nader - this is all your fault.  It was that specific time - me (+ Fraser), you, Stephen, and Ian going for it on an upward curved stretch and I couldn’t make any ground on you at all. :) 

Don't blame Nader - blame the +1🐘...

Was that really 2015? Sheesh...

Edited by Dr Rock