Impact Bumpers
SP72

"We go again" ....

2 hours ago, GrahamTompkins said:

@Busybeeand @SP72  this chitchat drivel is irritating me....take it to Facebook or WhatsApp perhaps.?

If it’s just me , maybe I’ll just have to put up with it

This is exactly how I feel about 90% of your posts Graham. I put up with it.

Oh well , so what have I learned..Shrish has questionable fashion sense and doesn’t like driving around corners, Haith has the verbal trots and a good sense of humour, Reddevil is just unpleasant ,, and Von Whatever has an identity crisis.

shouldve kept 🤐.

You know Graham, I try to live by an adage online. If you can’t say something nice, don’t say it at all. Not aimed at you specifically but there must be a dozen cases of “things” we all see every day where we think - what a toss pot or worse. Gains you very little being deliberately sniping at other folk. Sit back, pour yourself another gin and enjoy the ride. If you’re not enjoying it, exits are placed here, there and everywhere. 

I might be verbose but I pride myself on being a decent bloke. I’d rather bite my tongue than call a *anke* a *anke* even though I might think it.

This thread is 31 pages long. If you can’t take a bit of banter between a couple of forum members who know each other, maybe it’s not for you? 

Sorry to derail your rather splendid thread Shirish. I’m thoroughly enjoying it. Admins, please delete all this if appropriate 👍

Fair point well made...apologies to Shirish also 🤗

27 minutes ago, Busybee said:

You know Graham, I try to live by an adage online. If you can’t say something nice, don’t say it at all. Not aimed at you specifically but there must be a dozen cases of “things” we all see every day where we think - what a toss pot or worse. Gains you very little being deliberately sniping at other folk. Sit back, pour yourself another gin and enjoy the ride. If you’re not enjoying it, exits are placed here, there and everywhere. 

I might be verbose but I pride myself on being a decent bloke. I’d rather bite my tongue than call a *anke* a *anke* even though I might think it.

This thread is 31 pages long. If you can’t take a bit of banter between a couple of forum members who know each other, maybe it’s not for you? 

Sorry to derail your rather splendid thread Shirish. I’m thoroughly enjoying it. Admins, please delete all this if appropriate 👍

I leave you alone for a few hours and this happens....

On 2/25/2019 at 11:11 AM, SP72 said:

Thanks chaps :)

In other news I’ve been meaning to try a 370mm wheel, so went ahead and fitted a scruffy Momo wheel I’ve had for several years.  Centre push made by a ddk’er.

It’s not as dished as the Martini but with a spacer shouldn’t be far off. Strangely, I couldn’t get the eccentric spacer to fit, I think this would create more room above the legs when turning.

Will report back.

(looks huge in this pic)

EA2169A9-C7FA-4250-AF71-FF1FF4744552.jpeg

This looks almost identical to my much-missed Jacky Ickx wheel. Can you see any remnants of a signature in white paint on the vertical spoke? Had one on my SC Cab if you can remember back that far: they are great to use.

On 3/10/2019 at 2:10 PM, GrahamTompkins said:

Oh well , so what have I learned..Shrish has questionable fashion sense and doesn’t like driving around corners, Haith has the verbal trots and a good sense of humour, Reddevil is just unpleasant ,, and Von Whatever has an identity crisis.

shouldve kept 🤐.

It takes many kinds of people to make a world and one man's view is as valid as anyone else's. Stick around and keep contributing.

On 3/14/2019 at 12:10 PM, SP72 said:

@johndglynn will check! Noticed an 81 date stamp on the rear

I dunno if I have a pic of the back but will check next time my old hard drive is plugged in.