Impact Bumpers
Henry

Light weight undertray

Does anyone have any pics of the lightweight undertray that was subject of  group buy a few years back .  I was wondering if it was any good and if it differed in design to the standard .  

Reason being my original is pretty rusted and I thought I would make an aluminium copy .  A link to the old thread would be handy as struggling to find it  . Thanks  

There's a photo of mine here Henry:

http://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13338-alexs-36-engine-transplant/&do=findComment&comment=346987

The group buy was a while back bought from a chap in Germany but I can't find the original thread. His contact details are here:

https://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30671-aluminium-skid-plate/

If you don't need it for toooooo long and want to borrow mine for a template then no problem as it's still not fitted.

Henry - mines off the car at the mo - feel free to take it away and template it. 

Thats great ,  thanks Alex ,  SP  great pics , so its same as original with the addition of tank protection .  

I am currently running around without any undertray at present and must admit that I do worry about my pump or wires might be  ripped off on some of the  dreadful worn cambered lanes around these days . I have not given a lot thought to the tank tbh :unsure:  is it regarded as a worthy addition for a road car  . 

Out of interest how thick is the Aluminium 3 -4 mm ?  

Kind offer Alex  and now Ben I see . Spoilt for choice ! I may well take the offer . Busy for a couple of weeks but need to get on the case soonish  . Can I ask how much they cost new .  Thanks again

Edited by Henry

200 Euros back in 2013, i think delivered for that price; 3mm ally, and i think 7-8kg. Couple more pics of it fitted to someone else's car:

93fab8fc89634da1936f4b8d4329d92b.jpg

43c0b11feca9337b7315b3cc85d55ba0.jpg

If you just want a standard one then I've got one kicking about somewhere (I think) that you can have. I have cut it so that it cleared the pump but it could be bent back easily enough.

http://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13338-alexs-36-engine-transplant/&do=findComment&comment=306650

Pump is a bit exposed to much and stones etc without any belly pan.

If you want to go really lightweight you could copy Mark (SilverWT) and make a fibreglass copy of the original.

Edited by ALEX P

Does anyone know if the original maker of these is still offering them, or - if not - would anyone be in a position to remake a batch (quantity permitting)?

Does anyone know if the original maker of these is still offering them, or - if not - would anyone be in a position to remake a batch (quantity permitting)?

His email in Alex's first link. Worth adding someone on here had an issue fitting theirs - can't recall if SC v 3.2 related, or Cab v Coupe ?

Struggled to get mine to fit the SC which is why it isn't fitted. Not too tricky to sort just haven't done it!

Alex, if nobody else needs or takes your old undertray, I'll have it please. My SC has never ever had one, only a matter of time before something crunches the pump!

Chris.

Cool thanks chaps , leave it with me and I will update in a few weeks . 

Oh and it will fit an Sc and others :)

Edited by Henry

4 hours ago, Chris T said:

Alex, if nobody else needs or takes your old undertray, I'll have it please. My SC has never ever had one, only a matter of time before something crunches the pump!

Chris.

Chris - if I can use your lift to fit mine you can have the one that's on the SC :)

I may well be able to make a batch if enough interest

I'd be interested in one too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The German undertray has saved my bacon on a couple of trips and has the scars to prove it.  I have put some big dents in it and I hate to think what would have happened to the tank without it.  Well worth the investment.