Light weight undertray

Henry

Does anyone have any pics of the lightweight undertray that was subject of  group buy a few years back .  I was wondering if it was any good and if it differed in design to the standard .  

Reason being my original is pretty rusted and I thought I would make an aluminium copy .  A link to the old thread would be handy as struggling to find it  . Thanks  

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a photo of mine here Henry:

http://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13338-alexs-36-engine-transplant/&do=findComment&comment=346987

The group buy was a while back bought from a chap in Germany but I can't find the original thread. His contact details are here:

https://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30671-aluminium-skid-plate/

If you don't need it for toooooo long and want to borrow mine for a template then no problem as it's still not fitted.

Thats great ,  thanks Alex ,  SP  great pics , so its same as original with the addition of tank protection .  

I am currently running around without any undertray at present and must admit that I do worry about my pump or wires might be  ripped off on some of the  dreadful worn cambered lanes around these days . I have not given a lot thought to the tank tbh :unsure:  is it regarded as a worthy addition for a road car  . 

Out of interest how thick is the Aluminium 3 -4 mm ?  

Kind offer Alex  and now Ben I see . Spoilt for choice ! I may well take the offer . Busy for a couple of weeks but need to get on the case soonish  . Can I ask how much they cost new .  Thanks again

Edited by Henry

If you just want a standard one then I've got one kicking about somewhere (I think) that you can have. I have cut it so that it cleared the pump but it could be bent back easily enough.

http://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13338-alexs-36-engine-transplant/&do=findComment&comment=306650

Pump is a bit exposed to much and stones etc without any belly pan.

If you want to go really lightweight you could copy Mark (SilverWT) and make a fibreglass copy of the original.

Edited by ALEX P

Does anyone know if the original maker of these is still offering them, or - if not - would anyone be in a position to remake a batch (quantity permitting)?

His email in Alex's first link. Worth adding someone on here had an issue fitting theirs - can't recall if SC v 3.2 related, or Cab v Coupe ?

Alex, if nobody else needs or takes your old undertray, I'll have it please. My SC has never ever had one, only a matter of time before something crunches the pump!

Chris.

4 hours ago, Chris T said:

Alex, if nobody else needs or takes your old undertray, I'll have it please. My SC has never ever had one, only a matter of time before something crunches the pump!

Chris.

Chris - if I can use your lift to fit mine you can have the one that's on the SC :)