Light weight undertray

Henry

On 2017-5-31 at 4:34 PM, Stuarts said:

Having just rebuild the whole front end, I think it'd be a good investment for me, please count me in! (subject to price)

OK no problem , experiencing delays due to brothers work shop being snowed under with work , will happen ,start at least this mth just not sure when .  

Not costed fully yet but expect  to be around 200 , will let people know in due course, with some pics of progress hopefully .

Edited by Henry

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not the update I was hoping for but thought I better let people know that the trays will be delayed for a while  . 

I have made the spacers and cups that will be welded in but due to workshop be flat out and key people off on hols its meant that my jobs get put back .  

I could have got a couple made but it seems  a run of 15 may be more appropriate and as such will require more time,  which  I just cant slip into my brothers work schedule .  Will post an update when have some  good  news . 

Not the update I was hoping for but thought I better let people know that the trays will be delayed for a while  . 
I have made the spacers and cups that will be welded in but due to workshop be flat out and key people off on hols its meant that my jobs get put back .  
I could have got a couple made but it seems  a run of 15 may be more appropriate and as such will require more time,  which  I just cant slip into my brothers work schedule .  Will post an update when have some  good  news . 

Thanks for the update! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update.

Happy wait in order to get my hands on one of these... my front tow hook is taking the strain of the bumps at the minute but there's not much left !!

• 6 months later...
On 17/07/2017 at 11:55 PM, Henry said:

Any developments on these trays yet Henry?

Regards

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say at present is they will happen ,  My  brothers engineering business  is flat out at present and struggling to find suitably skilled welders  for fine metalwork a real skills shortage in  this country for this kind of practical work . The last good guy was from CZEH    since his leaving for home  three have been and left just not up to the required standards . 

I am building a restoration workshop extension for him at present so hoping to call in the favour :)     Just sorry its all taken so long will advise when in position to do so . 

43 minutes ago, Henry said:

All I can say at present is they will happen ,  My  brothers engineering business  is flat out at present and struggling to find suitably skilled welders  for fine metalwork a real skills shortage in  this country for this kind of practical work . The last good guy was from CZEH    since his leaving for home  three have been and left just not up to the required standards . 

I am building a restoration workshop extension for him at present so hoping to call in the favour :)     Just sorry its all taken so long will advise when in position to do so . 

No worries.

Just wondered if it was still something that was in the pipeline.

Thanks

Regards

Russ

• 1 month later...

Just came arcross this photo of Tuthills effort for a undertray but for the engine & gearbox....  never seen any protection at the back end before (although at £650 it's pretty rich...)

Increases protection and will stop some crud .... but looks weighty and doubt it helps with the cooling....

Thoughts?

http://www.tuthillporsche.com/blog/porsche-911-sump-guard-undertray/

Tuthill-Porsche-911-rear-skid-plate-unde

6 minutes ago, GaryH said:

My car's pretty low and there are several big scrapes on the underside of the fuel tank :blink::o

Ah, 'rear undertray' - as you were :blush:

• 8 months later...

Firstly I do apologise for the delay .  Its just been a very very busy period for my brothers sheet metal fabriction buisnes  but I did speak with my brother yesterday about this , it looks like I can get a batch done sometime in Jan early Feb . I do need one for my own car anyway but will make a number . 

I apreciate the other thread and if you want to go with that route I completely understand . I will put a pic up of progress hopefully in the next week or two  I have already made the recessed fitting holes to be welded in . 

Sorry guys and hope  you all had a good christmas .

26 minutes ago, Henry said:

Firstly I do apologise for the delay .  Its just been a very very busy period for my brothers sheet metal fabriction buisnes  but I did speak with my brother yesterday about this , it looks like I can get a batch done sometime in Jan early Feb . I do need one for my own car anyway but will make a number . 

I apreciate the other thread and if you want to go with that route I completely understand . I will put a pic up of progress hopefully in the next week or two  I have already made the recessed fitting holes to be welded in . 

Sorry guys and hope  you all had a good christmas .

Ahhhhh Henry!! 👍😁

Great to hear  from you!!

If yours are still on the cards I’d still like to get one from you!

I couldn’t find your post so did the research on the others. No “deal” has been done and I’m sure the other people (four plus me so far) would be happy to have yours too.

Please let us know how it’s progressing👍👍

Russ

5 hours ago, Lund said:

saw this on pelican a while back.

image.jpeg

Looks really nicely made but it leaves pretty much everything exposed that the German ones covers  i.e. the fuel tank and pump!

Good for smoothing out the underside though. Lot of love gone into that.