Henry

Light weight undertray

Finally got around to fitting mine this morning..... 15 mins start to finish! (OK, I have a lift) 

Great job Henry, thanks. Chris.

Well I said it'd be a year before I fitted it! Just to say, yesterday was at C of G and Chris and I both agreed what a great job you did @Henry

- it could have a Rennline logo on it and people would believe it. And a fantastic price for the quality, Thanks!  Bob

32 minutes ago, RivieraBob said:

Just to say, yesterday was at C of G

:doh2:

Sorry Fraser! Back tom pm though if you want to stay 2 metres away and touch elbows.

heck if the stay at home curfew kicks in I might get around to fitting mine soon  :) 

Thats cool , glad C of G liked it  , cheers Bob   :rolleyes:

Fitting mine today also but doubt 15 mins record will be broken😂

All fitted lovely. Henry sent you an IM? Raymond

F99D01EE-20B8-4705-957C-5BBA1DBD44EB.jpeg

DCF62D05-9E31-4539-BE00-44EF0D08ECC4.jpeg

82DE336C-BF42-40F1-B184-522398DB9D14.jpeg

BB5059EF-33B3-4B77-ABC3-4A1B06B575AF.jpeg

Very nice did you need to use the hammer ?

Nah was up to all sorts today.......tools everywhere 😂👍

bah, while your all posting success stories in the IB isolation thread,  I failed miserably today trying to fit the metal undertray. Without a lift I found it nigh on impossible despite a couple of hours trying, despite using 3 trolley jacks! With me trying to do it on my tod :( I couldn't get the bolts to align, the rears in particular being a real problem as now that the anti-roll bar is loosened off (from undoing the original bolts) I cant get them to re-align with the holes as the angle is wrong. I tried putting the 3rd jack under the tray to offer it up to bolt positions but still couldn't manage it alone. Now without any tray, I haven't even managed to get those two ARB mount bolts back in. I tried putting a jack directly under the mount bracket which helped to close the bracket to the body but the bolts refused to bite, again because of the angle of the bolt to the hole. Do the front wheels need to 'hang' or be compressed to get the ARB bracket to close up? or do I need to push the whole bar up to the underside of the car whilst someone does up the bolts?  May have to concede defeat until I can rope in a buddy or get to a car lift.

@boydyrs, in your pic above your two side jacks look well forward of the jacking points, how did you manage that? I couldn't get anywhere near the underside clearance in your photo when I jacked from the two side mounts as they are too far back. I literally had the plate pressed against my face trying to slide under.

If it helps, I manged to fit my arb alone - the suspension is hanging (car in the air).

I did have help from the Garage b1tch the first time, but then realised that I had forgotten the spacers from my turbo tie bars, so had to take it off again 😬

When I did mine the arb moved away and I could only get it to line up with the suspension compressed.....and a lift....and help! Read that to mean I had to put the old one back on, drive to my pre arranged appointment at C of G with the arb hanging, and watch whilst Chris made me realise what a ham fisted monkey I really am.

My hotrod is based on 88 3.2 and I chose to retain front mounting hardware during build so it has front and mid jacking points. ARB mounts did take a bit longer fit but in all less than an hour in total. I would maybe jack earlier car up, F&R on axel stand level and remove front wheels if doing in garage. That may give you options to use jacks in other areas to support/lever to position and bolt up. I did m8ne on my own also. Hope this helps 

thanks boydyrs, i'm always a bit cagey where-else to jack these cars or place axel-stands under, other than the standard front cross-member or rear position or via the two side mounts. maybe i'll attack it another day when I can face the aggro again. On a positive note I spent a healthy time underneath treating any suspect areas and re-applying Dinitrol.

oh for a scissor lift....

@MarkJ happy to come and lend a hand with an extra jack once the lockdown eases.

Thanks for the kind offer Phil 👍 will see if I can manage it during lockdown but may take you up on that offer if not :)

Phill can do one of these one handed and blindfold, such a talent....................