SHE'S BACK AGAIN!!!

BigSi

Very exciting day! Today I collected my car from the place it's been in storage for almost 6 months. So great to have her out again!

The only reason I've not had her out as soon as the weather started to get better, and the evenings longer, was because my Fuchs went on a visit to Nick Moss at Eary911 for 'a bit' of a makeover. They look AMAZING! I'm so happy with them!!! Soooooo shiny!

So pleased to be driving her again! [emoji3]

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1493066436.788940.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1493066464.688970.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1493066489.208582.jpg

Thanks! Can't wait for the weather to get a bit warmer and get the top down. Was beautiful this morning but blimmin' freezing... was still tempted though! ?

Being a bit of a whimp, I've got a wind deflector on mine - amazing how it cuts down the back draft (no course jokes, you lot!) and the missus is always keen for us to go out in the car top down (car, that is!) providing its not raining (or hail/sleet as it is at the moment!).

Richot1989,

Where did you get your wind deflector? Is it easily detached when you want to load luggage into the back with the hood up or is that the downside? Does it fit on to the seatbelt mount?

Thanks and best regards

john c

Hi John,

Got it from Reading OPC - the spares guy there has been really ace and he managed to source an original one (not cheap though!),  I originally ordered one from one of the advertisers (Classic Additions) in one of the mags but it didn't fit and sent it back. (this was back in 2015)

The Porsche one takes about 5 mins to fit the first time - you have to change the large plastic domed caps/lugs in the side trim behind the seats, (one each side) with ones (supplied) with locating  holes in them. The original ones just prise out and the new ones pushed in.

It doesn't fit on the seatbelt mount, it just locates it's two arms (one each side) into these locating lugs

Once these are installed, it takes less than a minute to put the deflector in or take it out.

I'll try and take photos and post them on here or you could pm me and I could send them by e-mail.

Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks for the very informative answer ...... I hadn't realised that it was available as a Porsche part and assumed it was an aftermarket accessory.  The ones I have seen were attached to the seat belt mount (presumably aftermarket) and a real faff to remove - yours sounds near perfect!

I'll pm you my email address but I wonder whether other Cab owners in the parish would also be interested?   In which case perhaps the pics should be put up here?

Am really grateful for your reply and will have a chat with my friendly parts man at Aberdeen OPC to start with and if that gets no where, Reading OPC.

best regards

john c 

• 3 weeks later...

BigSi

Richard and I have been researching this and exchanging pms.  This is his deflector:

http://www.parts-wise.com/00004320210-wind-deflector/p39142/

Richards car is an 89 model and mine an 84 and the fixings this deflector makes use of are not on the mine :-(  

He sent me some pics which I'm sure he'd be happy to share on here which illustrates the fixing - it's very neat and tidy. 

Thanks again Richard for your help.

best regards

john c

On 4/26/2017 at 9:10 PM, BigSi said:

I'd be interested in seeing the deflector pics too. Sounds interesting!

Hi BigSi,

Sorry, but I somehow missed your request.

I've deleted the photos of the deflector fitting from my computer.  I'll see if I can get them back.

Whilst I try to do this (or take some more photos!), do you have a plastic grommet on your side panel trim behind the seat (one in each side panel)? I think they are to gain access to the hood mechanism so that it can be wound up or down, should the electrics fail.  If you have these two grommets, then the wind deflector will fit as it uses these as a pivot point for the deflector arms (the kit provides replacement grommets with a hole in then for the hood arm to locate into).  John's earlier cabriolet doesn't have these.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi BigSi,

It might be easier if you pm me and I can try to forward you the photos from the e-mail I sent to John, as I don't seem to be able to recover the photos on the computer file.

Richard

Hi Chaps

Maybe I can help ...... here are the pics Richard sent to me.

My car has a manually operated roof not an electric roof so there is no need for this access hole.  (Don't think electrically operated roofs were available anyway in 1984) 

Good Luck

john c

20170513_163050.jpeg

20170513_163118.jpeg

20170513_163159.jpeg