Track day insurance costs?

Chris T

Hi all, I'm trying to renew a multi car policy 1 x daily, 2 x 911s. Of the three, only one of the 911s may do a couple of track days and I'm torn between an expensive policy that covers all track days and a cheaper policy that does not and buy a one-off day's cover as and when. However, all insurers want an actual track date, circuit etc. I have asked for a ballpark figure but nobody yet can oblige. Anybody got any recent experience of approx costs, car is a 3.2 with mods, valued @ £40k.

Thanks, Chris.

I pay approx. £450 pa for agreed value £35K, think it is 5K miles, garaged and this gives me 6 trackdays  a year (£5K excess) - have to let broker know before event - I usually do this 24 hours beforehand.  Can cancel within 24 hours as well and keep the cover for another trackday.   Costs about £200 more than same without trackday but still good value I think 

Thanks TC. I'm trying to decide between a sub £200 policy and having to buy stand alone track day cover or a £360 policy that allows them albeit with a 10% of value excess(!)

Chris.

4 minutes ago, Chris T said:

Thanks TC. I'm trying to decide between a sub £200 policy and having to buy stand alone track day cover or a £360 policy that allows them albeit with a 10% of value excess(!)

Chris.

You will spend the £150 difference quite quick (one day) and it will be a mental barrier to getting a day booked as it will cost you another £150 on the day. Pay the inc track premium and make the most of it by doing the full 5 days they provide per year!

*edit and try competition car if you haven't already.

Edited by jevvy

Sorry bit late to this...

I use classicline. On the Porker they include 6 trackdays, 24hrs notice. I pay about £400 I think, valued at £50k IIRC. Not bad considering I have some points :-(

I have 2 other cars insured with them and they will cover any ATDO day at £55. Excess 10% of agreed value on both deals. The Alfa is a bit less on agreed value and £250 to insure. 

So I guess there is an uplift for bundled track days, but if you do all 6 it works out around £25 a day which when you consider the risk they are insuring is a bargain.