Impact Bumpers
Phill

Phil's CIS to EFI

Got a new lead from Matt-thank you.

Still no reading on the strobe? I have found that it reads on cylinders 4 and 5 (can't reach 6 with it) but not on 1, 2 or 3.

Any ideas? :(

Sorted it. Had to make some adjustments to the pick up in the gun and got it going.

:yahoo:

Ignition is done!

Shaun the tuning Guru came today and worked his magic. Tuned in the garage and then on the road. A marked improvement in driveability, little or no jerkiness in pulling away, idles beautifully and pulls like a train.

All the sensors are reading properly and it starts easier than before.

Shaun says it's the best he's heard a 911 run on this system and that it feels like 230hp rather than 200hp (he says all the right things ;) )

Really chuffed. I was going to move on to the ITBs after the Equinox Run but I think I will now wait until after the summer and enjoy it as is until the autumn :D

Thanks guys. Yes, definitely will enjoy this summer and make a concerted effort to drive it more.

11 hours ago, MikeS911 said:

Great news Phil. 

Did you sort out the tacho drive /

Not yet but Shaun may have a gizmo similar to the one from the US, on the other thread, that may do the job. He is going to post me one.

Just to update this thread. 

Tachometer drive was sorted by Shaun's tachfix which worked straight out of the box - excellent bit of kit.

While sorting the ITBs et al I sent my ECU away to be modified for semi sequential injection and to have knock detection added. As a result I have had to run a bunch more wires but it should all be for the good in the long run. Knock will be "conditioned" by Shaun's Knocktek which is what some of the new wiring is for.

Hi Phil. Good to see you are marching on, a couple of questions if I may.

Did you send the ECU back to Extra for a third injector driver or who is doing the mod, what made you decide to change to Semi Sequential rather than the batch. As I understand it the only real gain is with idle setting? I guess this also needs a new harness and ECU connector. Do you know which pins run the extra two wires?

With the Knock sensing are you having this retard the ignition via the ECU or just as a warning indicator?

If you don't mind sharing what is the costs for the upgrade.

Mike

ECU went back to Phil at MSExtra and he added the third injector wire to the 15pin connector. The knock is a single wire also added to the 15pin connector. I don't know which pins are involved in the box in afraid.

Knock will be detected by Knocktek and the ECU will retard as necessary.

Shaun recommended semi sequential as it would be more stable and as close as we can get to fully sequential without a lot of other work.

£65 including postage was the charge but I did have it back within 2 days.

Hi Phil.  Hope you had a good holiday and are getting back to work on the car?

I decided to follow your lead and change to Semi-Sequential Injection, I am sending the ECU back to ExtraEFI Phil on Wednesday to have the extra driver fitted. I have added a "yellow" wire to the 15 Pin connector pins 11&12 as per Phil's diagram. I did not like the idea of a black wire as Phil uses Black for grounds and thought it could be hard to diagnose at a later date.

Are you/did you get the Knocktec conditioner from Shaun MS? Do you have any info on this, wiring etc? 

When are you hoping to get it started, Is Shaun coming back to you for the start or are you trying it alone?

Any update coming soon

Mike

Hi Mike, most of the wiring done now. ECU back in. I'll continue in the other thread.