2.7 MFI Fuel Economy

Rocketcar

One big thing I have learned since becoming the owner of a 2.7MFI. 

To ask the question "what is the fuel economy like?" is not the way I would word it. MFI and the words "fuel economy" don't go together very well.

"What is the fuel consumption like?" works just fine!

:rlol:

It's always around 220 with a big grin on my face! Mostly spirited B road driving and no motorways. ~12mpg.

I did have a relaxed leisurely drive yesterday and the fuel gauge was not moving south quite as fast as normal. 

I have got 20mpg + out of my 2.4S before on a motorway run

i'd expect to get about 16-18mpg on a good cross country run

properly thrashing down to the 10-12 mpg

Id say you're possibly running on the rich side .. but its always difficult to tell without knowing driving style.  Best way of telling is to travel enamss with mates , fill up at the begining, then all fill p again near the end & compare the difference ... the winner on fuel economy in DDK was always the lad with the 1973.5 CIS car ;)

.... also, you need to measure actual fuel used against google maps route rather than your odometer ... for instance my speedo over reads at higher speeds so tots up more miles than actually travelled

I love this. "bet I do less to the gallon than you" is proper petrol head stuff, a real tonic to the increasing prevelance of hybrid/eco/blutec/green Euro sh*t box cars on our roads and clearly not driven on 'Smart' roads or anywhere in camera littered Wiltshire....

Carry on!

Chris.

Edited by Chris T

11 hours ago, Chris T said:

I love this. "bet I do less to the gallon than you" is proper petrol head stuff, a real tonic to the increasing prevelance of hybrid/eco/blutec/green Euro sh*t box cars on our roads and clearly not driven on 'Smart' roads or anywhere in camera littered Wiltshire....

Carry on!

Chris.

:revs: