It's been a while since on here 997 Turbo

heckschleuderer

Finally I've managed the intricacies of the interwobble to get my password reset. I haven't been online here for over a year, but those who know me will have seen in other threads that I now own a 997 Wooshmobile.

Lovely car and fast enough to see me in prison at a drop of a hat here in CH, still miss my old 3.2 Carrera though.

IMG_7731.JPG

1 hour ago, Ian Comerford said:

Hey Gordon good to see you back, hope you are well.

Forgot to ask, which one is yours.......

Both are mine, the Figaro is my UK based car which is stood in the better halves garage 

6 minutes ago, flatsix777 said:

Hey Gordon,  Nice to hear from you. Looks a sweetie - forced induction is the way,, no better place than la Suisse. 

Cheers 

David 

Forced induction is indeed an interesting experience. Miss it being aircooled though. I'll come back sooner or later to the fold 

8 hours ago, longman said:

Nice to see you back Gordo , how's the Ruf shoes? 

Holding up better than the string back driving gloves 

55 minutes ago, strosek34 said:

Great to see you back on the forum Gordo.

Still enjoying CH.

It's a lovely country, shame about the draconian driving laws. But I'm only half an hour from the german border 

1 hour ago, mean in green said:

'Morning Gordon - was going to mention the shoes too!

I'll dig out a photo to proof that they still exist ;)

44 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Eyup G, good to hear from you! Please tell me the TT is manual? Have you tried a Vmax on the autobahn?

Naturally it is manual. I'm not that old yet.

I got it up to 285km/h before bottling it, but I was on winter tyres ?

2 hours ago, Nige said:

My old Saab still in your fleet Herr Gordon?

I had it over here for the first year and then I took it back to the UK as it wouldn't have passed the Swiss MOT. It's now being driven by the father of the ex girlfriend. Still has an IB badge on the front and going strong the last I heard.

1 hour ago, Lesworth said:

That Figaro will suit you- especially with that hair.

Meaning what exactly? ?

1 minute ago, Von Twinzig said:

Hi-de-Hi Gordo'. 997 turbo - v.nice :cool:.  Do you ever get it out of 1st in Switz?:steering:

VT

As speeding is an absolute no no here, I usually stick on the cruise control at the speed limit, find the curviest narrow road and just hold on for dear life whilst not braking.

For proper driving some of the remoter quiet alpine passes are ok, Germany and France are only 30-40 minutes away as well and naturally lots of fun are had on the Bernau led adventure tours. :)

4 minutes ago, heckschleuderer said:

As speeding is an absolute no no here, I usually stick on the cruise control at the speed limit, find the curviest narrow road and just hold on for dear life whilst not braking.

For proper driving some of the remoter quiet alpine passes are ok, Germany and France are only 30-40 minutes away as well and naturally lots of fun are had on the Bernau led adventure tours. :)

I've driven mine for the first time today  since the last RB adventure tour, driving in the UK is dull in comparison.

I'd sooner drive 10 miles of Alpine roads than 1000 miles of UK roads

Edited by World Citizen

8 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I've driven mine for the first time today  since the last RB adventure tour, driving in the UK is dull in comparison.

I'd sooner drive 10 miles of Alpine roads than 1000 miles of UK roads

I hear you brother. Those tours are just epic