Number plate quality

One of the last jobs of the rebuild was to fit a new set of number plates, so of I went to Halfords.  500 miles later the rear one is delaminating, probably due to the centre outlet exhaust being just a few inches below.  Any thoughts on where I met get a better quality set?

Thank you

Ian

9 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

One of the last jobs of the rebuild was to fit a new set of number plates, so of I went to Halfords.  500 miles later the rear one is delaminating, probably due to the centre outlet exhaust being just a few inches below.  Any thoughts on where I met get a better quality set?

Thank you

Ian

got my new front one from myshowplates.com  , no heat up front though ...only dead bugs

Thank you

Ian

Get some metal ones made up.   

I've got a set from here: https://fancyplates.com/ 

Mine are just sticky tapped on I've done about 1,000 miles - they seem fine so far.  The last lot did delaminate after a really hot track day, but they lasted a long time.

You could space the back with a few washers to get some air behind the plate. 

I was reading - I think on RetroRides - how their quality varies too, with some complaining that the way in which some are pressed leads to a short life span i.e. characters falling out from the plate.

Having said that the ones I had made about five years ago are fine, I'll take a look at the maker's mark and post it.