Hi guys,

any of you CS owners (or friends) got pics of the standard factory CS interior treatment, mainly the rear non back seat area. Interested details of the luggage shelf with the two "cubbie hole"  storage bins underneath. 

Cheers,

Bugs

Hi Bugs - sorry can't help much as my CS looks like big al's in the rear with carpeting over the 'buckets' and no shelf unit with the cubbyholes........ I've fitted lap belts in the rear so I can actually use the rear for occasional passengers.

I believe the luggage platform/cubbyhole arrangement was a US safety thing on the CS.

As there were no seats and belts in the back the authorities insisted the area had to be configured so passengers could not be accommodated.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I have it with my CS. However I have always wondered why Porsche went to the trouble of reducing weight - no passenger sun visor as an example, bu then stuck a heavy wooden made shelf with storage in the back. I am surprised it wasn't made out of fibreglass.

Hearing it was a US requirement now makes sense!

The US requirement for the CS aside, Porsche did make a rear luggage shelf available in the Longhood era, even had little doors for the cubby holes but they would have weighed too much for the CS!

IMG_1101.JPG.39cf3b5292dd51afa2299c1e7745cb8a.JPG

Here's my crack at a CSish rear interior.