New forum theme with more updates to follow! Please see the main thread in Impact Bumping.

MarkT

How many UK delivered 1976 911 RHD 2.7 Sportomatic Coupés ?

I hope you find out. I have been trying to get the 1975 import figures for ages and got nowhere.  Will watch with interest to see how you get on.

I am looking for the 1975 Targa 911S figures.

Good Luck

Regards

Tom

Hello I’m also interested in how many RHD 76 Sportomatic coupes that are left as Sportomatic . ( i.e not converted to manual)

I’m getting a black sporto coupe sorted  at the moment , engine rebuild etc  , also what’s a Sportomatic like to drive, are they that bad to drive ? 
Does the Sportomatic gearbox make them sluggish?
Thanks Timothy 

Mine is great fun, I love it. I understand many Porsche 911 race cars were sportomatics the benefit being fast consistent gear changes. From the various comparison graphs l have seen for like for like engine the acceleration and top speed are almost identical.

"With no clutch pedal to press, this resulted in smoother changes than most drivers could achieve with a manual transmission. The effect on performance was minimal and to prove the point, works drivers Vic Elford, Jochen Neerpasch and Hans Herrmann gave a magnificent display of driving to win the 1967 Marathon de la Route in a 911R equipped with Sportomatic transmission. Elford also drove a Sportomatic as his daily car, using it to tow his caravan to race meetings all over Europe."

Hello Mark Thanks for the info.

Is your car a 3 speed like mine then ? Did you ever find out how many 76 Sporto’s there are in RHD UK spec?

is yours a LUX ?

I’m guessing  it’s just 4 or 5 cars that still have the sporto box? What’s the acceleration like from standstill In “D” ?

Without using low

.Can you just leave it in D on A roads ?

Regards Timothy

Help guys....all you 76 cars.....I'm having a problem with my rear wipe, hope you have one too as I'd like pictures of which bar goes where, at what point is the motor at park, where the thing and angle it parks at on the motor, and a couple of pics fitted.

Hope you can help.

Ron