Winter is Here

kevinkjse

The engine fan is shifting huge amounts of air and sucks up anything outside and then blows it over all the shiney bits - eating the alloy and removing the zinc plate.

They also have lots of 'difficult to reach' bits hidden around the car. The alloy font cross members take a real beating on cars used through the winter often resulting in failure where the ARB mounts attach.   

However it's only a car and everything can be replaced.

Fortunately my car has no heating so won't be leaving its nest of phoenix feathers and unicorn fur until the easter bunny starts delivering.

Hibernation this year involved fuel stabiliser, a generous glug of 2 stroke oil, spray of scottoil 365 and a bit of thin waxoil.  

• 4 months later...

Hi Guy’s

So I decided it was time to see the 930 again, can’t believe it has been some nearly 5 1/2 months ago I put it away and sorn,  uncovered and thought I would give it a good turnover without the fuel pumps running to get some oil pressure up.

Opened the hood to remove the relays and it appears I have had an unwanted guest staying, some polishing cloths and a plastic bag well shredded into a nest but lucky no other apparent damage.

HTF it got in there I do not know, but these little buggers are quite cleaver and can squeeze into the tightest holes, I carry out work for London Underground and the mice down there seem to know exactly when the last train has just gone and come out to play on the empty platforms and then disappear into the tightest holes.

So extra traps now set, I did have 2 traps under the car but the mice are now clever enough to get the Nutella without getting caught well sometimes!

Anyone know of some good deterrents for in the car  (no cats thought)

Insurance sorted with a new valuation from PCGB for £130,000.00 applied on the new online form on Friday and new valuation received on the following Monday.

Time to enjoy.

kev

IMG_2630.JPG

Hi Guy's

Got him! still don't know how he or she got in there and for how long, will have a good inspection tomorrow. lots of traps around the car now.

Car off the wood blocks, Vaseline cleaned off wheels with white sprit and a good coat of wax polish applied and now ready for the road.

IMG_2631.JPG

• 3 months later...

Well finally found out how Mr mouse got in there, the front a/c condensor cooling fan housing which fits into the air vent shown had a small bit broken, the mouse was getting through vent into the motor housing and then into the bottom of the luggage compartment! but all repaired now

kev

IMG_2711.JPG