Bodyshop recommendations in Northamptonshire or Buckinghamshire

Matts

Hi all,

Just in the process of buying a Porsche 911 Targa which has a few body work issues so I’m looking for a local bodyshop to deal with them. I’ve had a search on here but no local recommendations,  any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Matt 

Frankie (painter) & Dave (rust repair) at Tingewick nr Buckingham did my 964 earlier this year and I am happy with the results. They have done quite a few aircooled 911 as well as other classics. PM if you need more info/details.

You can reach Dave on 07950 665360

http://www.theretroworks.co.uk/#gallery

http://www.frankiespaintshop.co.uk/

Welcome Matt, 

If you're not already committed to the car, it may be more beneficial to spend your bodyshop repairs budget on a more expensive car that has already been done or doesn't need the work doing. The typical rust areas on these cars can lead to large bills quite quickly as the work is quite invasive. 

Cheers

FF 

30 minutes ago, Mondrian said:

Frankie (painter) & Dave (rust repair) at Tingewick nr Buckingham did my 964 earlier this year and I am happy with the results. They have done quite a few aircooled 911 as well as other classics. PM if you need more info/details.

You can reach Dave on 07950 665360

http://www.theretroworks.co.uk/#gallery

http://www.frankiespaintshop.co.uk/

Thanks Mondrian, I will give them a call when I get the car.

31 minutes ago, fat fuchs said:

Welcome Matt, 

If you're not already committed to the car, it may be more beneficial to spend your bodyshop repairs budget on a more expensive car that has already been done or doesn't need the work doing. The typical rust areas on these cars can lead to large bills quite quickly as the work is quite invasive. 

Cheers

FF 

Hi FF, 

I’ve had a look at 6 other cars over the past 3-4 months and the price I’m paying reflects the fact it needs a reasonable amount of work doing. This is my first 911 but I’ve had a few classic cars over the years and I agree that bills can become large rather too quickly. Mechanically I can do alot but I shy away from bodywork, strip and rebuild ok but the rest I’m just no good at ?.

I will say thanks for the advice though as I’m sure I’ll be asking lots of questions over the coming months!

Matt 

1 hour ago, Matts said:

Hi FF, 

I’ve had a look at 6 other cars over the past 3-4 months and the price I’m paying reflects the fact it needs a reasonable amount of work doing. This is my first 911 but I’ve had a few classic cars over the years and I agree that bills can become large rather too quickly. Mechanically I can do alot but I shy away from bodywork, strip and rebuild ok but the rest I’m just no good at ?.

I will say thanks for the advice though as I’m sure I’ll be asking lots of questions over the coming months!

Matt 

Sounds like you're going in 'eyes wide open' Matt so hope you enjoy your new Targa and get some pics posted as soon as you have it!

Cheers

FF

1 hour ago, fat fuchs said:

Sounds like you're going in 'eyes wide open' Matt so hope you enjoy your new Targa and get some pics posted as soon as you have it!

Cheers

FF

Thanks to this forum and the internet there is enough information to have a good starting point on what can go wrong, where to look and rough cost on repairs but there is always something to learn.

Matt 

Hi Matt,

Depending on what you need doing & if it's more cosmetic / paintwork, I can thoroughly recommend Darren at MK Car Body (Stacey Bushes in Milton Keynes) 07525 406002. He's a top man & his work is top drawer. He doesn't charge like a wounded rhino either.

Good luck,

Fleety.

Depends on where you are, but for structural work you could look to Tuthills, they've probably built more 911s than anyone.  Pennings in Leighton Buzzard do all the bodywork for RPM Technik and apparently know their way around a 911.   I think Autofarm do body work too.

good luck!

• 2 years later...

I know they did look after JZM's stocks, don't knoe if they still do but Peter was the guy that knew older Porsches.

The last two times I've used E&A Coachworks in Wembley - first recommended by Jaz.

You saw the my car on Sunday, he did the complete front end and a new wing before I PPF'd it.

27 minutes ago, GoldenLane said:

Thanks Beaky,

Just spoke with him, can’t get to it till December, which suits me.

He's always busy which is a good sign 👍

• 1 year later...
On 05/11/2017 at 16:49, Northy said:

Depends on where you are, but for structural work you could look to Tuthills, they've probably built more 911s than anyone.  Pennings in Leighton Buzzard do all the bodywork for RPM Technik and apparently know their way around a 911.   I think Autofarm do body work too.

good luck!

Goldenlane who wants someone to sort it for a pack of spangles, and then delivering it to Tuthill...  I can see an issue coming up when hes there to collect and having to sort the bill 😂

8 hours ago, axel said:

Goldenlane who wants someone to sort it for a pack of spangles, and then delivering it to Tuthill...  I can see an issue coming up when hes there to collect and having to sort the bill 😂

A lot changes in 5 years, huh.  

perhaps, although tuthill 5 years ago wasnt operating much differently I guess...

On 27/05/2022 at 11:42, axel said:

Excuse me?

47 minutes ago, GoldenLane said:

Hmm... my car (‘81 SC) needs a bit of rust chopping out and a paint. I may change colour, may even backdate, haven’t decided yet.

Like everybody I want a really good job done for the price of a packet of Spangles.

Am London-based but the car is driveable and I’m happy to travel pretty much anywhere, so bodyshop doesn’t even have to be in the South East...

Any thoughts?

I was refering to your other thread a couple of years back. where you wanted it done cheaply ( a bit tongue in cheek I get that)

Tuthill which was being recommended by Northy is not what I would call cheap, Tuthill is making a fortune these days, they know how to charge.... Apparently the front running 2.0 cup cars are running 220 bhp engines that have a nasty habit of going pop. £95k for a new one. Lots of people have pulled out...

They are probably one of the best outfits in the country, autofarm too - but unless you go in with eyes and checkbooks open - its not for someone with a regular paycheck imo.

Edited by axel

• 1 month later...
On 27/07/2020 at 14:41, GoldenLane said:

Thanks Beaky,

Just spoke with him, can’t get to it till December, which suits me.

Did you go to E&A in the end, I’ve spoken to Chris’s and am taking in the car next week for him to look at