Impact Bumpers
Ian Comerford

New daily driver- I'm quite smitten!

Hi Ian

My daily is along the same lines as your new one - well perhaps not but it's the same colour and with the 3 litre Diesel engine it's a tad more economical! 

Re Redish, I've used James and his team to do work on my Z3M (S54 M3 engine) and they did a great job! Only downside is that their reputation is now so good there is a MASSIVE waiting time for appointments. So plan well ahead if you need anything. 

Ive also used BMW in Bath who are genuinely interested in the Classic/more interesting cars. They gave me this link which offers fixed price work https://www.bmw-service.co.uk/

Pleased your SC is going well. I remember our trip to Swindon years ago! Mine is hopefully having some work done by Rob in Pershore early next year to return it to 100%. Need it done for Classic Le Mans next year!

Good luck and enjoy the M3

IMG_1626.JPG

Thank you, good to hear Redish is rated.  I am leaning toward them, so may pop in over the next week or two and see what they say.  I also considered getting BMW to do an approved user check and see what they come up with, then maybe go to Redish.  Thoughts?

Ian

Sounds sensible. I've used BMW in Bath and Bridgewater and they've been good. Not so keen on Bristol although I know Bath is now owned by Dick Lovett anyway. 

Went for the Indie option and took it into Redish Motorsport in Bristol whose speciality is M cars.  Good choice as they really seem to know their stuff, have a real enthusiasm for these cars as well as being a BMW-authorised independent meaning access to all the right software.  They did an inspection to assess the state of the car and it seems it's a good one (phew!) and gave all sorts of useful advice and tips re maintenance.  Very happy!

Ian

i have a few BMW main dealer customers, I don't think I would take my car to them if I had a BMW.

Congrat Ian, looks absolutely lovely. A bit to modern to my liking but it must be a great car to drive. I am old fashion and a bemmer should only be with a straight 6! :)

Enjoy! 

I don't disagree Fred but this is a daily driver and will do at least 300 miles a week, so a newer car seemed a better option (notice I didn't say more sensible....)

On 23/11/2017 at 5:46 PM, Ian Comerford said:

something more practical: two doors, four seats, RWD, LSD, V8, 420 bhp, carbon roof, manual gearbox.  

Someone needs this as their signature.

Well done Ian - very nice. I have an E36 3-litre M3 saloon and many's the school run it has done. Nice to get it to myself once in a while.

This made me laugh and my wife frown....

On 15/12/2017 at 4:46 PM, johndglynn said:

Someone needs this as their signature.

Well done Ian - very nice. I have an E36 3-litre M3 saloon and many's the school run it has done. Nice to get it to myself once in a while.

Agreed John, and the E36 has similar practicality.....