32. vs. 3.2 with ITB vs. 3.4

Beaky

On 9/6/2019 at 5:04 PM, Beaky said:

And the kit goes on..................this must be sung to The Whispers "And the beat goes on"

Hopefully tuned on Monday or Tuesday, cold start tested the next morning

IMG_4611.jpg

Cool mate. Keep the updates coming.

Are SCS doing the mapping or are you getting it done locally?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, ALEX P said:

Cool mate. Keep the updates coming.

Are SCS doing the mapping or are you getting it done locally?

SCS, it’s trailered up there tomorrow  

Look like impressive gains! 18bhp, 15 or so lbft?

Flywheel torque looks low for a 3.4? The before figures look very low.  Mine in 3.4 guise was 245 lbft on Waynes rollers.  Did you calculate your torque from Waynes figures?

You taking it back to Waynes for a comparison?

44 minutes ago, SP72 said:

Look like impressive gains! 18bhp, 15 or so lbft? 

Did you calculate your torque from Waynes figures?

You taking it back to Waynes for a comparison?

I think once i’m behind the wheel i’ll know if they are real gains and not Dyno variables at play.

I got no response back from Wayne only his chart that showed the BHP.

Not sure I will it’s a long way up north.

BHP and Torque are linked by stuff you hated at school called maths. 

HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252

Usually they plot both on the same scale which results in a crossing of each line at 5252 RPM (because maths).

You can always calculate one from the other!

6 minutes ago, Jonny Hart said:

BHP and Torque are linked by stuff you hated at school called maths. 

HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252

Usually they plot both on the same scale which results in a crossing of each line at 5252 RPM (because maths).

You can always calculate one from the other!

What value due you enter for RPM? 

55 minutes ago, SP72 said:

What value due you enter for RPM? 

All the values you need to plot!!!  

E.g. Stick that formula in a spread sheet with an incrementing RPM in the first column.  If you know the Torque values from a dyno plot, enter them in the second and the formula will calculate the HP.   Or the other way round if you know HP and want Torque. 

Well, he has the 6000rpm point already if I read that right.

249 = tq x 6000 / 5252 therefore tq at 6000 is fractionally less than 217lbft.

Wayne is a bit funny about giving graphs out.  I guess he thinks his job is done once its all optimised and the customer should drive away happy knowing its optimised and that is the end of the story.  He has probably seen so many dynos all over the country that he knows they can't be compared and that the numbers are somewhat meaningless - ie., its just a useful before/after comparison, not an absolute.  But he forgets that we need internet fodder for very worthwhile and lengthy discussions and bragging rights!

50 minutes ago, SP72 said:

Yup, but the red graph was the before on the scs dyno

The point of ref should be Wayne's results. Peak torque extrapolated from that plot shows 245bhp @ 5500 (98mph) using a 7200 rpm limit which equates to 234 ftlb. This latest tune has lost 20 ftlb of torque!

The dyno plot from Wayne was the engine optimised in its origianal configuration before mods. This can be compared to the later plot with mods and again optimised. The mph reading on the WS plot will be the same as the x axis RPM plot on the later chart unless the rev limit has changed. THe shape of the torque curve will be the same which shows a peak arounf 5500 rpm. This 5500 RPM would be about 98 mph on the plot from Wayne. At those revs Wayne was recording about 245 bhp which gives the 234 ftlb figure. If the rev limit on the WS dyno wasn't 7200 and was in fact say 7000 then the torque figure would be very slightly higher. 

I’m away at the moment, will up date later but the torque numbers on their graph are wrong and will be corrected 

You can’t compare one Dyno to another as as setting vary resulting in different numbers

The red line is Waynes tune on their Dyno, the black after the kit and tune these are where the comparison can be taken

Steve has also told them to up the Rev limit to 7k which will help just a tad.

As Richard says these are just numbers it’s once behind the wheel that counts, i’ll Know on Monday

45 minutes ago, ras62 said:

So no improvement on Wayne's figures despite all the mods? The before figure can't be as it left Wayne as with those mods it wouldn't work with Motronic. 

You just don't get it, The black lines are Waynes tune but measured on SC Dyno, the Red after the kit! and on the same Dyno...................

YOU CAN'T COMPARE READING FROM DIFFERENT DYNO'S AS MANY ON HEAR WILL TESTIFY TOO!

Do you have shares in Motronic, and do you still think the world if Flat.

3 hours ago, Beaky said:

OK to number junkies, this is the revised chart.

I'm picking the car up tomorrow, so the real test starts then. 

SC Revised.jpg

Cool, let us know how the first drive goes.

How many hours was the car on the SCS dyno, well, how many hours were you billed for? I think they said at least half a day to me.

Rev em up buttercup. Look forward to hearing what the new kit feels like Chris 👍:dancer:

2 minutes ago, ALEX P said:

Cool, let us know how the first drive goes.

How many hours was the car on the SCS dyno, well, how many hours were you billed for? I think they said at least half a day to me.

Don't SCS sell sofa's? 😂