IBs in use thread 2018

double0

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, RivieraBob said:

gmund3_2.jpg

Grossglockner 7.30 this morning. 6000 miles on from an Ivan top/bottom engine rebuild....lovely job!

:bowdown: Did you get a windscreen sticker?

Edited by Dr Rock

Noooo!…..reminds me of people you see at airports with suitcases gummed up with 'Me and Mavis have been to Torremolinos' stickers.

ps I am aware you have one Daktari, having just watched your Pyrenees vid from start to finish. Looks like it was great fun.

pps I do hope your missus isn't called Mavis and you had your honeymoon in Torremolinos!

1 hour ago, Teme said:

54.000 kilometers in 5 years. Of those 11.200 in an IB and the rest in a 964.

Curious why you moved from 964 to an IB?

Oh, and maybe 50 miles in the month I’ve had mine 😬

24 minutes ago, 786 said:

Curious why you moved from 964 to an IB?

My 964 was a Tiptronic and I loved it. Especially in the rush hours traffic it was fantastic. But not too shabby on the track or on the winding roads. They are seriously underrated in my opinion and would definitely have another if I could keep two aircooled 911’s.

But I did want to have something more pure. To me this meant manual gears, less weight, more simplicity. I love this car even more 😎

A snap of my 964 that now resides in a good home back in Germany:

165691128.xTYCGIgn.IMG_1842.JPG

Edited by Teme

3 minutes ago, Teme said:

My 964 was a Tiptronic and I loved it. Especially in the rush hours traffic it was fantastic. But not too shabby on the track or on the winding roads. They are seriously underrated in my opinion and would definitely have another if I could keep two aircooled 911’s.

But I did want to have something more pure. To me this meant manual gears, less weight, more simplicity. I love this car even more 😎

That looks so good in black, lovely and to think 964's were once unloved

It was actually midnight blue (Nachtblau metallic). Looked black in some light/angle, dark blue from anothe and had a purple twist from some angles.

Great car, great colour and I think even the transmission was great. No trouble keeping up with manual 996’s on the track (and I think Walter Röhlr was only a couple of secs slower with a tippy than with a manual 964 on the Nordschleife). But the tippy is so superior in town.

Edited by Teme

13 minutes ago, Teme said:

That’s all you had to say 😬

i kid, that looks perfect in black but I completely understand why you switched. I went from a 997TT (albeit manual) to an IB for the very same reasons. Hope it works out haha.

8 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

That looks so good in black, lovely and to think 964's were once unloved

Seriously. I looked at 964s several times when they were cheap but assumed I could always get one cheap. Real smart. 

Approx 60k miles in mine in 9yrs, probably just a little behind Frazer in countries driven too :)  I passed the 195K mark on the clock whist hooning around Castle Combe a couple of months back...a fitting way to do it :ninja:

Like Teme, I went from a black 964 C4 to an IB for the same reasons he did, purity and lightweight. :steering: