IBs in use thread 2018

double0

3 hours ago, SP72 said:

Nice little blast to Goodwood 80s Breakfast Day.  Bumped into SilverWT too 😎

Good to see you and have a chat, car looking mega sharp as usual.

Underlines we should use them more, my recalcitrant Autoheat, full on on the way down (cleared the windows great, but melted my socks!), cured itself on the way home. Behaved just as designed, so if 140 miles can cure Autoheat woes imagine what a 1K run will do. Drive on a long enough run and it will cure you rusty bits :rlol::rlol::rlol:

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure I would ever be able to contribute to this thread!  Took the car for a fill up with fresh fuel and to spend some time sitting in traffic during the local school run :homersimpson: A few more runs to blow the cobwebs off needed but what great cars these are :steering:

aLDi62NIQ3afG07e0zRZIg.jpg

image.thumb.png.a365f59b0c817af6fe28c1352800f999.png

Start 'em young. 

My kids love my car. They always want to look at the motor and have me explain all of the bits to them.  My youngest (seen above) and I picked up our eldest from school today in the SC and when he saw it, he ran over to it and hugged and kissed the front wing.  I can't see kids doing that to a Tesla in years to come.  Maybe I'm just being sentimental, but these old machines are special and we're very lucky to have access to them and share the passion.  🙌

• Like 1

Nice one Lewis.  I remember when I bought mine in 1998 and took my son out for a first ride.  He was four.  After a few minutes I looked over at him and he had his hands held firmly over his ears.  I asked if he was ok.  All he said was it’s very noisy.  He didn’t really get the car until he was about twenty and we had a quick cross country trip.  All he said at the end was “cool” 

wife and kids putting up 3 christmas trees ,she says I've run out of carrots for diner can you pop round the shop ,me yep see ya stayed out for a nice long drive round and around i went not a care in the world 🤗 

IMG_4793.jpg

IMG_4792.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

IMG_4791.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well? Boys it is still 2019 not 2018 so i took my beast out today and gave my dad a nice ride in my hometown..Last day of sun for a while....tomorrow snoving;-)At 2:58 you can garden restaurant where in 1894 Antonin Dvorak played his New World Symphony (2nd time in Europe-1st was London)

Thank goodness for the fast forward button :P Maybe next time have the camera pointing at your Dad so we can see the reactions, or was he quiet because he was asleep. Sorry Ivan, I'm only joshing 🐙