Impact Bumpers
Mill911C3

Carrera 3.0 vrs. 74-75 Euro Carrera

5a86290acf9be_Carrera3_0vrs.74-75EuroCarrerafromTotal911magazineiss0004.thumb.jpg.582bc178b720f463098bcc09d53e2dd2.jpgAgain, because I am not tech savvy I feel I need to start a new topic using the correct title.

I hope I'm now offering information most of you have read.

Carrera 3.0 vrs. 74-75 Euro Carrera from Total 911 magazine iss0001.jpg

Carrera 3.0 vrs. 74-75 Euro Carrera from Total 911 magazine iss0002.jpg

Carrera 3.0 vrs. 74-75 Euro Carrera from Total 911 magazine iss0003.jpg

Carrera 3.0 vrs. 74-75 Euro Carrera from Total 911 magazine iss0005.jpg

Carrera 3.0 vrs. 74-75 Euro Carrera from Total 911 magazine iss0006.jpg

Just an idle question, is there a mismatch in the specs of the magenta car: Duck-tail with chin spoiler and periscope headlamp washers. Wondered what year each of these respective elements came and went. Does anyone know?

Isn't the big problem with CIS the limitation on cams caused by excessive resonance in the intake system? Basically, aggressive cams mess up the way the system works. However, the plus of the mild cams is nice driveability.

Front chin spoiler came in for 1975 model year in conjunction with the whale tail. Periscope washers came in mid '74 model year but were not originally fitted to the magenta car.

Guy, thanks for answering the question. I've sort of backdated my 911SC to a 74 look with a ducktail, without a chin spoiler, but with periscope washers. Not that it matters, but I wasn't sure if that was a combination that could have ever existed. 

This is a genuine original spec '74 Carrera 2.7 with the combination.

IMG_3861.JPG

Perfect, the intention on my side wasn't to create a clone, but it's nice to get it right - even if it's only by accident ;-)

Anybody read the article of the same topic in 'Duck & Whale'?

Ah the days when Fuel consumption wasnt the end of the world. I dont like CIS much.

I love MFI. unique heads, rare parts, fascinating fuel delivery system many have never seen. 

nothing like an MFI howl.:D

FYI, ordered issue 9 of Duck & Whale. The author told me it's completely a new article. I'll give you all my take when I get it>>