My Shed Thread

World Citizen

• 2 weeks later...

Can't beat a bit of reclaimed Welsh slate, dark

Roof colour has done a good job of visually reducing the height, slates blend in quite well with the neighbors buildings

Planning authority now have our application for demolishing my garage, should have the shed structure finished in time to start knocking the garage down as soon as we get approval

IMG_3875.thumb.JPG.f9f46df4de583635ad6fb53d46e6b9fa.JPG

• 1 month later...

Not much shed progress so I picked up a couple of 6" x 8 " x 16ft oak beams, yesterday, still got one more to collect

Not for the shed but for phase 2, my garage with attached house extension

Need a longer truck, took the front passenger seat out and pushed them tight up against the dash :(

IMG_3987.JPG

Edited by World Citizen

16 minutes ago, Beaky said:

Are you planning a Shed warming party....................................well any excuse for a drive out for us :steering:

Beaks, you're a genius - great idea! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 2:27 PM, Beaky said:

Are you planning a Shed warming party....................................well any excuse for a drive out for us :steering:

Good shout Beaky, think a garage warming party would be more fun as we could have a corner weigh-in fest

Back to shed progress,

Finished some floor joist reinforcing s, glued and screwed some 2x4 timber to the 2x6 joists and added noggins, floor feels reassuringly solid now

Hole on the right is for lowering stuff into the underfloor storage voidIMG_3997.thumb.JPG.0b8d0397a111bdaa438772f43fcd6eca.JPG

Wall art was being chucked in the skip at work, I saved it as I needed some extra plywood so it will be seeing my circular saw in the near future

Busy hacking this lot of 3" insulation to fit between the joists, floor will have 6" of Celetex, as I can't be doing with cold tootsies while tinkering during the winter

IMG_3995.thumb.JPG.4136a1b2b5dd3ab45ac83f76bcd1a534.JPG

Great stuff.  A mate told me today he is putting electric underfloor heating in his, rather more modest, new shed.  Part of the plan?

Keep up the good work and the posts.

11 minutes ago, Fuchs915 said:

Great stuff.  A mate told me today he is putting electric underfloor heating in his, rather more modest, new shed.  Part of the plan?

Keep up the good work and the posts.

Thanks! 

Yes that's the plan, it's not too expensive and easy to fit.

• 2 weeks later...

my builder making progress on the stonework while the sun shines

IMG_4027.thumb.JPG.81a16b2b2f2160d7a99f24fabe672af7.JPG

Used what are called 'randoms' stone instead of cut stone,  the stone is quarried a few miles away, same estate where they film Top Gear and chopped up in the village, I get a real kick out of sourcing local

A bit of concreting and natural render round the back, oil tank will go here and an air compressor too, shame to hide the boundary wall Mrs. WC built

IMG_4032.thumb.JPG.3cb7e5d216aef5db9c7ad79d8324f81f.JPG

Edited by World Citizen

Had a monster of a weekend, feeling absolutely tattered 😩

Skived off work early on Fri. and finished the 1st layer of 1/2" ply on the floor, glued, screwed and squeak free

IMG_4040.thumb.JPG.1c347feb3fc57f147263eaad9579a948.JPG

Sat. delivery of a couple of oak beams , too big to go in my truck, took 6 of us to unload as each one weighs about half a ton 😨

14" square by 4.5m, one has a bit of natural curvature, , expensive but worth every penny

Not being used on my shed but for the next phase of building work

IMG_4037.thumb.JPG.50ff684a263e4862b7f0d2a692f27281.JPG

Shed stone gable end facing the house nearly finished, shed looks very unhappy but I'm super pleased, should like its always been their after a bit of weathering

IMG_4031.thumb.JPG.e40f199c60d8d716b5f54c12c0056725.JPG

Spent Sun/Mon clearing out the garage of years and years worth of accumulated stuff, even found a pair of black dress shoes that have been missing for at least 2 years 😀

The shed interior is not complete but now jammed full of stuff, once I get my winch fitted the underfloor storage will work a treat swallowing up everything

• 1 month later...

Shed workis on hold as it's been filled to the joists with garage chod ☹️

After a slight delay in gaining planning approval we've started demolition work for the house build phase, it's a lot easier to take them down than put them up 😧

IMG_4559.thumb.JPG.eb80c72ce7b9c71bbb7e19a5b90b0ec3.JPG

End of next week I say goodbye EV race car, hello my house project as Mrs WC and I go full time building laborers helping our builder

Hoping I can financially and physically last out until late autumn when we're hoping to have the roof on and internal timbers done, going to be quite a task as the build needs +20 steel beams/coulmns, two 500kg oak beams, more oak beams/joists and tons and tons of stone, blocks and concrete

Only got 6 work sleeps to go, can't wait !