964 Prices

Busybee

2 minutes ago, Mondrian said:

True but you don't want to end up spending 20k or so on top of sticker price further down the line, well not on a C4 anyway!

Guess so. I’ve driven a c4 before but not a c2. Is there that much difference with the bit of drive going to the front wheels? I’ve watched a couple of YouTube vids comparing and they said it’s definitely noticeable. It really has become a purists market. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, ALEX P said:

Just get a leakdown done and you can base your decision around that. 

Nothing wrong with C4's

That car will not stick around for very long :twocents:

2 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

And nothing wrong with a car with130k on it!

Thanks. 5k miles a year. Less than my SC (but it is nearly 15 years older lol). So I guess it’s about c2 v c4. Is there that much difference? Value wise, the c4 is always going to lag behind by the looks of it. 

10 minutes ago, ALEX P said:

Nothing wrong with C4's

That car will not stick around for very long :twocents:

2nd that, when in the mountains in my lightweight C2 driving with a C4, there was very little in it

As Porsche's first all wheel drive production sports car I think the C4's time will come and be valued for what they are and not what they aren't

1 hour ago, Busybee said:

Guess so. I’ve driven a c4 before but not a c2. Is there that much difference with the bit of drive going to the front wheels? I’ve watched a couple of YouTube vids comparing and they said it’s definitely noticeable. It really has become a purists market. 

I have had 3 x C2's but never driven a C4, they are heavier and 4wd does make them more complicated and costly to maintain too. Regardless of what you choose, make sure its a good one as big ticket items are getting more expensive to fix.

I never really noticed before that you still can't reach the glove box knob on a RHD 964.   You'd have thought they'd have fixed that after 22 years...

Ride height is a bit 4x4.  I quite like the burgundy.

Edited by Jonny Hart

16 hours ago, Busybee said:

Here are a few pics of the C2 I’ve been looking at. Bet at least one if you know this car? 

2C76133F-73D3-4D51-B184-9BA53BE40CDF.jpeg

Looks nice - thats the money shot eh!

Sounds like a nice car too with some recent spend which is good to see, wonder what was done?

Its a slightly unusual colour / spec compared to a lot of 964's so is on the interesting end of the spectrum assuming you like burgundy and pinstripe.

I guess it comes down to what you want it for? If for driving then maybe there would be better options that you would be less scared to enjoy and more suited to smiles per mile factor.

6 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Looks nice - thats the money shot eh!

Sounds like a nice car too with some recent spend which is good to see, wonder what was done?

Its a slightly unusual colour / spec compared to a lot of 964's so is on the interesting end of the spectrum assuming you like burgundy and pinstripe.

I guess it comes down to what you want it for? If for driving then maybe there would be better options that you would be less scared to enjoy and more suited to smiles per mile factor.

Think that interior is gorgeous. So period. Bit more 80’s than 90’s maybe.   Wanted for a bit of blasting round these here A & B roads. Few PCGB runs a year and lots of polishing. I do enjoy a bit of polishing lol 

On 2/25/2018 at 11:13 AM, World Citizen said:

2nd that, when in the mountains in my lightweight C2 driving with a C4, there was very little in it

As Porsche's first all wheel drive production sports car I think the C4's time will come and be valued for what they are and not what they aren't

Was that not because you were in the wrong gear :D

I totally agree on your 2nd point. Apart from the RHD part I thoroughly enjoyed the C4 we had for a while, still retained a large dollop of 911 feel with a slightly more surefooted feel when on a slippery surface but very similar on dry roads.

On 2/25/2018 at 11:59 AM, Mondrian said:

they are heavier and 4wd does make them more complicated and costly to maintain too. 

Deffo, the C4 stuff makes some jobs a bit more awkward and sometimes extra sacrificial parts to replace but the actual C4 system is fairly robust and reliable.

14 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Think that interior is gorgeous. So period. Bit more 80’s than 90’s maybe.   Wanted for a bit of blasting round these here A & B roads. Few PCGB runs a year and lots of polishing. I do enjoy a bit of polishing lol 

I agree - its a very nice interior if thats the type of interior you want, a lot of people looking at 964's do so as they want the more subtle colours and smoother more modern profile of the 964 over the earlier cars. As you say makes it an 80's themed 911 rather than a 90's 964.

For heavens sake man, I know it’s difficult living in Wales, I do know as I own a house there,  and my Mother and sister live there but you buy a car because you like it, not other people and as we know some people have appalling taste. In terms of which model is better, talk to your local Indy guys, they’ve seen,worked on and driven them all.

if you’re buying a 964 as an investment..964RS all day long..sod the colour.

17 hours ago, Jonny Hart said:

I never really noticed before that you still can't reach the glove box knob on a RHD 964.   You'd have thought they'd have fixed that after 22 years...

Ride height is a bit 4x4.  I quite like the burgundy.

Isnt it like that as they havent made a separate mechanism for RHD cars?

A bit daft really, but having the petrol flap release, engine lid release and bonnet release accessible from the driver's seat in a lhd 911 makes me think how well designed the cars were for the driver.

1 hour ago, GrahamTompkins said:

For heavens sake man, I know it’s difficult living in Wales, I do know as I own a house there,  and my Mother and sister live there but you buy a car because you like it, not other people and as we know some people have appalling taste. In terms of which model is better, talk to your local Indy guys, they’ve seen,worked on and driven them all.

if you’re buying a 964 as an investment..964RS all day long..sod the colour.

Calm down dear. Lol why is it difficult living in Wales? Gods own country butt innit.

I’m only asking for opinions Graham. Problem for me is I like them all! An RS would be nice but I’d need to borrow your pension fund 😜 

1 hour ago, sc1982 said:

if i was after one, i would get this, its much better value and only 2 owners.

I don't really get this - How is it much better value?

The Eporsche car is £3k cheaper but the Raby car looked a nicer spec to me and the Eporsche car has no mention of any money spent on it. On a car over 25 years old the amount of owners is irrelevant to me provided the seller hasn't only owned it for 5 minutes.

Put the two adverts side by side and the first car I would view would be the Raby car and if that was no good then I'd see the Eporsche car on the way home.

1 minute ago, ALEX P said:

I don't really get this - How is it much better value?

The Eporsche car is £3k cheaper but the Raby car looked a nicer spec to me and the Eporsche car has no mention of any money spent on it. On a car over 25 years old the amount of owners is irrelevant to me provided the seller hasn't only owned it for 5 minutes.

Put the two adverts side by side and the first car I would view would be the Raby car and if that was no good then I'd see the Eporsche car on the way home.

I must admit to agreeing with you there. The blue raby car looked a much better car with some good upgrades and in very good condition. Unfortunately, it’s sold. The silver 964 C4 is availablebut that’s a few grand more. Again, big money spent on this one