39mm ID Heat Exchangers

Kenny Senior

Since my spare engine is sold I don't need to save these any more. They are from Eisenmann in Germany. Extremely good quality and well made. They have never been used. I offered them up to my 993 engine, but found they would need far too much butchering to get them to fit so put them back in the box.

Dansk and SSI use 35mm ID pipe for the primaries for their whole range, right from the 2.0 to the 3.2. They even use 35mm for their 993 backdate set which is frankly bonkers and far too restrictive.

These Eisenmann exchangers use 42mm OD primary and by my micrometer have 39mm ID. This matches perfectly to the ports on a 993, but is also of benefit to 3.2s and high powered SCs, especially if you have a little work done to the exhaust ports to match them up.

Eisenmann sell them for £1600 (1790 Euros) plus delivery making it roughly £1650; 

http://www.eisenmann-sportauspuff.de/DE/SHOP/Produkte/Porsche-30l-228-kW-310-PS-911-F-Modell-Waermetauscher_P91130WT42_1.php

You can have this set for £1500.

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_3852.JPG

IMG_4410.JPG

2 hours ago, SP72 said:

Do you know if they line up with standard 2in1out silencers?

Yes, exactly that. They are intended for any pre-89 911, just with the larger, freer-breathing primaries. The secondaries are still 50mm like normal, but as each bank fires 240° apart that doesn't matter as much as the primaries. 

My idea was to swap the exhaust studs on my Varioram to allow me to bolt these to the heads, bolt up my Eisenmann 4-out silencer to these exchangers and hey presto, an easy exhaust solution to my Varioram in a narrowbody. Differences in the 993 chainboxes put that idea out of the window as they would have needed a lot of butchering at the rear end to get them to bolt up. In the end I had the Eisenmann silencer butchered to bolt to the 993 exchangers instead (photos below).

While I was weighing up what to do with my other engine I put them to one side, but now that Axel has bought it I can't see me ever needing them. Andy Young has put his name on them though.

IMG_5789 (1).jpg

IMG_5821 (1).jpg

IMG_5822 (1).jpg

IMG_5823 (1).jpg

No probs - I’m still to keen see what my current SSIs dyno at.

Andy - let me know if you want to see what  these Dyno at vs standard SSIs.  Relatively straight forward on Neil’s engine dyno.

KS - where did you buy these from? 

I bought them from Eisenmann UK. They are just resellers, but Eisenmann Germany will tell you that you have to deal with them, even though they are shipped direct from Germany to you. The quality of the product is fantastic; I bought these because the silencer I have is such good quality, especially compared to anything Dansk make. Service from Eisenmann UK not so much. I initially wanted to return them, but they quoted a 20% restock fee, despite these being supplied off the shelf, still brand new and me quoting UK Distance Selling regulations, but they simply didn't care. At that point I decided to keep them for later on. Now I don't need them so someone gets a bit of discount and I don't get stiffed by Eisenmann UK.