Tool chests.

Didn’t mean to push the boat out as I didn’t need another tool box, but the Halford’s offer on their their three-stack professional looked really good at £299? Will relegate the old box to the general workshop for everyday tools. Looks good with the other special Aldi purchase which was a snip at £80!

D.

728EE7BD-E395-4F18-8463-88C15089330B.jpeg

2A739CCD-0289-487B-9A76-B51BD80FFEB1.jpeg

Thanks Angus, quality is ok with ball bearing runners on the drawers WC. Not in the same league as Snap-On, Halfords call this range ‘Professional’, but I’d take that with a pinch of salt as wear and tear in a commercial garage would take it’s toll. Think that it’s fine for a  private garage though.

Regards,

David

• 7 months later...

Hi, 

Yes I bought a us pro one a few years ago from an eBay seller who lists loads of different uspro tool boxes. It’s the stainless steel type with a wooden butchers block style top. 

The quality is very very good for the price. I’d say not as good as Snapon of course but better than Halfords if you know what I mean. 

Phil

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Hi, 

Yes I bought a us pro one a few years ago from an eBay seller who lists loads of different uspro tool boxes. It’s the stainless steel type with a wooden butchers block style top. 

The quality is very very good for the price. I’d say not as good as Snapon of course but better than Halfords if you know what I mean. 

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that. They look alright to be fair. The stainless ones are the longer units I think?

There’s a 16 drawer model listed for just over £170. Pretty tempting and gets all my tools in one place (currently hung on the walls, under benches ....). That with a pull around trolly and I’ll feel like a pro 😂

Haith

Yeh the stainless ones are a bit bigger. It was a big purchase for me at the time. I took a long time to decide, but the man maths won in the end !

Havent regretted the purchse, as you say all my tools and stuff in one place. Moved house recently and just wheeled it out of the garage on to the removal van and out into the new place. 

Phil

On 10/13/2018 at 6:22 AM, mean in green said:

Glad to hear it went so smoothly. There’s a YT clip of an American unloading his gargantuan tool chest - with unlocked draws - from an HGV using a ramp. The result was not very pro...

Oops !