Central locking, after market or second hand

JohnO

Really fancy having it fitted on my 82. It’s the one thing I miss and I recently had access to an 88 sc with it and it’s a nice thing. Plus my key locks sent great.

anybody got experience or recommendations?

I’ve been told they can be a cow to fit?

My lord.. cow of a job.? More like a herd !

occurs to me looking at your posts that you don’t really like your SC . In comparison to modern cars sure, poorly equipped , no PAS,ABS, CL ,aC , memory seats, ..blah blah..... compared to my X5and our VW which even has radar, my 3.2 is prehistoric...............

thats why I love it 😊If you want to change the character and as has been opined from our DG .”.the soul.”......buy a 964, Boxter or a 996 , and trouser some cash in the process.

my opinion obviously 🙄 

Graham

15 hours ago, JohnO said:

Really fancy having it fitted on my 82. It’s the one thing I miss and I recently had access to an 88 sc with it and it’s a nice thing. Plus my key locks sent great.

anybody got experience or recommendations?

I’ve been told they can be a cow to fit?

Completely agree John. No central locking is a PITA especially when it's dark. Why would you want to be stabbing around with a key in the dark trying to find the lock then having to gently turn a 30 year old key preying it's the right way round and isn't going to snap off in the lock when you can just press a button.

I've just got aftermarket actuators fitted when I had a Cat 1 alarm fitted years ago. They work fine are very simple and cheap to replace if they do go belly up. I'm not sure about the factory ones because I haven't seen them.

I'm with Alex.  Can't recommend one but there are lots to choose from at sensible money.  You can buy a whole kit for less than what a new factory solenoid is.

it's something that would be of zero interest to me, you have only got two doors anyway, i would put the money towards a road trip or a weekend in Amsterdam, i wish my car had zero aids, that means no elec windows, no elec sunroof, and no elec mirrors,

i love basic, as long as its got a heater and blowers, its all i need.