Changing window scraper rubber thingies

djf67

One of the jobs on my list was change the window rubber things that keep the water out ot the door skin at the top of the skin. Mine have shrunk and shortened, potentially exposing the internals of the door to the rain / washing. I've got the bits from the very efficient Forestfine, as recommended by the Tripemeister, but having got them I can't work out how to get the old ones out and the new ones in, particularly as the old ones are pretty stiff c.f. the new ones. I haven't got the Bentley manual, as you might have guessed.

Has anyone doen this and, if so, can they give me some advice, please?

having got them I can't work out how to get the old ones out and the new ones in, particularly as the old ones are pretty stiff c.f. the new ones

Check out my door rebuild thread or have a search, it has been covered. There are two parts. Window scraper is clipped in under the top ally trim, so clip that trim up from the back (gently) and the scraper is clipped underneath. The one by the quarterlight slides into a groove from the front. The felts push in on expanding rivets, they are buggers but worth doing too.

Check out my door rebuild thread or have a search, it has been covered. There are two parts. Window scraper is clipped in under the top ally trim, so clip that trim up from the back (gently) and the scraper is clipped underneath. The one by the quarterlight slides into a groove from the front. The felts push in on expanding rivets, they are buggers but worth doing too.

Cheers, JG, finally found the old thread here.