Twinny's Dad's Memorial Track Day at Snetterton - New possible date Tues 18th Sept

Von Twinzig

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Apologies gents. Realised my last comment could be very insensitive as I don’t know any of the history of the event. Sorry if I’ve offended or upset anyone 

Hotel/B&B .....there’s your problem solved 

^^^* he hasn’t driven it for about a decade though .... :cry:

I drove it last year, and the year before etc. Will drive it this year once the alternator and washer system goes back in. Thirteen cars and four motorbikes means I’m not short of stuff to do on rare spare days...

44 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Apologies gents. Realised my last comment could be very insensitive as I don’t know any of the history of the event. Sorry if I’ve offended or upset anyone 

Don’t worry BB, dad would have found that pretty bl**dy funny.

For those of you new to this, the history dates back quite a few years.......

My dad was a massive car and motorsport nut. He was a time served engineer and worked with his uncle Harry on engine components for the original Vanwall GP car in the 50's. He fought the BIg C for years and the last motorsport event I had with him before he passed away was an IB trackday at Snett in August, hence the location and date. Actually both of these have a bit more significance.....Dad was never remotely religious, hated all that stuff. By coincidence the date of his cremation coincided with that August track event at Snett. After some thought I took the decision not attend the funeral and instead booked the Snett day. Whilst 400 miles away they got whizzy with the fire lighters and Swan Vesta’s me and a bunch of my IB mates raised a glass of Champagne and drank to his memory. I knew he would have heartily approved. He enjoyed a good party.

Anyway, It's a great day out. The revised circuit has added a lot to the track. This is not limited to IB's, all cars are welcome and valid.

This photo taken on that day by Steve Walters has pride of place in my office...a reminder of some great times.

IMG_1065.jpg

VT

Thanks Twinny. I felt awful reading my comment back and realising what I’d said and the context of the track day. It sounds like a great way to honour your dad. Petrol heads together 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Gents, I have a problem with the proposed dates. Won’t bore you with the details, but I now have to be out of the country most of that week on business. Totally out of my control. Sorry.

Options are...bring the date forward to Monday 16th July or put the event back to a day in September - Sept dates are not yet announced so once they are I can firm that option up.

Thoughts?

VT

Heads up Gentlemen.....

I’m booking this for Monday 16th July. I’ll get on it first thing tomorrow. Hopefully they can accommodated us.

On this list so far.......

BenC

SilverWT

Longman

Dr Rock

chris

Pstarkey

Any more?

VT

Given the slow progress of my engine build (sound familiar?) I am fairly sure my car won't be back together and running and run-in and chipped and had it's oil changed and running on all 12 sparks..... So I'm afraid I'll have to bail this time. I will try and show up though, either to put some running in miles on it or maybe a run out for the targa.

Chris.

Gents, this is turning into a bit of a nightmare. Grandson came home from school today and announced his sports day on Monday 16th July....”You will be coming won’t you Grandad?” Honestly, you couldn’t make this stuff up. My only plan, such as it is, is to wait until the next trenche of dates are released - September, and go from there. Thoughts?

Sorry about this.

VT

• 2 weeks later...